cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New $50 Canada/US 40GB Plan

LMelchi
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have some questions regarding this plan:

Do I get to keep my current rewards ($7 off a month) or does it switch over to the new points system?

Does this plan work the same as if I were to purchase a US Roaming add-on (go into settings and select T-Mobile or AT&T as the carrier when I enter the US)?

My current plan renewed a few days ago, if I were to switch to this plan on renewal date will it still be available?

Hoping someone is able to answer these. I will be starting school in the US in September and will be driving from Ontario each day, so this plan looks like the best option for me to have both a Canada and US plan. Thanks!

7 REPLIES 7

DennyCrane
Mayor / Maire

Yes you can keep your legacy rewards.

Yes, it's the same service as if you were to purchase a roaming add-on, but instead it's part of your core plan. It's dependent on native TMobile coverage.

Set it now to change at next renewal date. Even if it's not a current offering by then, you will have already locked in the change. I did this and still have a few weeks to go before it takes effect. 

DennyCrane
Mayor / Maire

I won't repeat all the other correct answers, but I'll just say that I've personally never had to manually select TMobile. I leave network selection set to automatic and make sure data roaming is on, and it's all seamless. If that doesn't work you can select TMobile manually, but for me it's always been automatic with no need to mess with my settings every trip across the border. 

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@LMelchi  You will get to keep you old rewards . There tied to your acccount not you plan so go ahead and make the change 

LMelchi

Thank you!

LMelchi

Excellent, thank you!

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@LMelchi 

1.  Changing plan won't affect current rewards.  So, you will be getting the same $7 from the legacy rewards system

2. pretty much same as roaming add-on except it is now included in the plan

3. Use Change on Renewal to schedule the plan change on next renewal, couple days from now as you said

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

1. Yes (adding - /no - ie. Yes on the first part, no on the second)

2. Yes (no AT&T)

3. Past practice has been that they honour scheduled plan changes after the scheduled plan might be no longer available.

Need Help? Let's chat.