cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Number port

Bill1989
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My number port was unsuccessful, I need the request resent to my old provider. Currently cannot use the service on public mobile

4 REPLIES 4

Bill1989
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Message from old provider expires after 90 minutes, it came through after expiry. Contacted old provider they stated the new request has to come from public mobile to restart the process

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Bill1989 - some services should work, unless you activated many days ago and the port failed. Try restarting your phone.

If still issues, submit a ticket with Public Mobile representatives (CSA) for help; click this link for issues with transfer/porting of phone numbers over to Public Mobile.

Or, you can try calling the Telus porting phone number, which we are not supposed to post here. So, check your private messages I will send it to you there.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@Bill1989 

the little envelop icon on top right side of this page should be highlighted. I sent you a message with the contact number for port assistance.

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

If you are porting out your phone number from another service provider, that service provider will send you a text message to confirm you are porting your phone number to PM. It's a security feature for most providers now. You must keep your old providers SIM card in the phone until this text message arrives. You must reply with YES. If you don't, the transfer will not be complete until then. So if you haven't said YES to the text, please put your old SIM card back in and wait a few hours to see what happens. If you don't receive the text confirming your porting, then reach out to that provider to resend the text.

Need Help? Let's chat.