cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add on Data not working

SC123
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I purchased 200mb recently and realized I had to reboot to activate. But afterwards I purchased 1gb and it didn't take. I rebooted my phone and check if I had set a data limit set(which wasn't the case). I've 100% had points redeemed as per an email confirmation. Can anyone help? Thanks!

16 REPLIES 16

SC123

Interestingly enough I have the $35 15gb plan. I have no idea why it shows as a 3gb plan and has no record of bonus data etc... But I definitely have the 15 gb plan as I use more than enough data. Ya I happened to sign on to Amazon Music and used HD music streaming that really ate into my data. It is what it is and I'd rather just have purchased the 1gb to begin wand save myself the trouble. 

The only way to contact support is through private messaging.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

How much data do you think you'd use in the next 4 days? At that time your plan renews and you get your plan data back. The add-on then runs out the 30 days and you may not need it again. If you can be sparing in your data usage then just get the 200mb. I know the value is not nearly the same but the waste is more with the 1gb depending on how much data you would use.

Have you also looked at recent plans? Your 3gb plan is quite old now. What are you paying - $35? There are larger data plans with one at $39 for 20gb. You could change to that now and get all the data now rather than add-ons. Or go down to the $25 1gb plan and use add-ons. You're kind of in a mid-point but I suspect you're paying way more for what you're getting.

SC123

Thanks for your help! I didn't even notice it at first glance. I'm pretty new to public and I don't use add-ons very otten.

Did you get the fact that it appears you bought the US roaming 1gb instead of the Canada one? The delay question is a bit moot now. You have the wrong add-on (unless you're in the states).

SC123

It's been about 4-5 hours at this point. Point redemption confirmation email sent at 11:12am PST

Oh, that's the US roaming one. You'll want to contact support and ask them to switch it to the Canada one. Images sure do make things easier to figure out.

Adding - with the recent 30 day limit, buying data add-ons is a tricky crap shoot depending on your usage after the next renewal. Data add-ons used to just stay on the account until finished.

SC123

Both redeemed with points. In hindsight I should have redeemed the 1gb to start but wasn't sure of my billing date.

SC123

IMG-20230723-WA0000.jpg

This is my current overview. I've checked the 1gb data add-on with 0% used 

What happened? It was delayed? Had you seen pending on that one? Do you see pending on this one? How long ago did you do the redemption for the 1gb?

SC123

I'd have to agree, this happened with the initial 200mb add-on.

@hTideGnow- Jeez. It's what I do when something that I read is unclear. Saw could easily mean you read it somewhere. Ok then, you were with somebody when they redeemed points. And you said it was instant? Great. Good to know.
So I wonder if the OP here is seeing pending somewhere or just needs the spinner refresh icon. But it would seem the data isn't working for them so I wonder.

HI @dust2dust 

why you keep questioning?  

I saw and I experienced.

I was the one who helped my friend to redeem data from points. Actually, I helped with redeeming a LD addon too. 

Thanks@hTideGnow . You saw? Or experienced?
I thought I had seen something about a delay somewhere.

From the get help
Note: If the redemption status of an item is “pending”, sit tight! Your redemption is being processed and will be added soon. If the status doesn’t change for 48 hours or it reads “error”,....

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @SC123 

did you redeem both 200MB and 1GB with points or bought with money with one of them?

Try using Incognito/Private/Secret mode to login My Account and confirm if you see the data that you redeemed showing up.  

and @dust2dust  while the Help page said within 48 hours, most points redemption I saw were pretty much instant.  

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

I'd have to do some digging but I think there's a delay in redeeming points and getting the item. I don't think it's instant like buying them.

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@SC123 

Try again incognito/private mode

And or lap top /computer

OR

simply try refreshing the page to check data plan / mins / add ons

Handy1_0-1690147080775.jpeg

For most up to date account info

adding if it’s still wrong @SC123 please submit ticket with support to investigate for you

message   To CS_Agents click          

VVVVV      Link below    VVVVV

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Need Help? Let's chat.