cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Network speed brutally slow!

KRM22
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi gang,

I don't know if anyone else has had this issue, but my 5G network connectivity has been so slow for the past 4-5 days. I regularly have 2 bars in areas where I usually have full ones, web pages take forever to load or don't load at all; Streaming youtube videos is a hassle. It's the first time I've had this issue since joining Public.

I've tried restarting my phone, clearing caches, etc. No dice. I'm a realtor and I need my phone and my data...HELP!!!

3 REPLIES 3

Will_Neo12
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Try restarting your cell phone. 

fixin
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@KRM22 - Try LTE (Despite they are almost identical to 5G Speeds) it may get you on a faster speed.

Is your plan capped at 3G speeds of 3mbps? 4G Speeds up to 100mbps? 5G Speeds of up to 250mbps?

If LTE doesn't work try 3G. It gets rarely used despite only producing up to 10mbps of speed. Costco here in Alberta is <4mbps but switch to 3G and it goes to <10mbps.

There. Switch your phone to 3G but probably an event or market occurring where the tower is congested. Camping at certain places with 2bars during a farmers market there makes the data unusable. But when toggled 3G it decides to work.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

@KRM22 

you checked the speed? how slow?

try reset all networks first.  if still slow, try changing the network type, test 5G auto and 4G or LTE

Need Help? Let's chat.