cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Negative experience with customer representative at kiosk

Russell29
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Last month I had a very positive experience when I worked with a customer service representative to set up 2 phones for my parents at my local kiosk. Last week, I had a similar positive experience with another customer service representative at the same kiosk when I switched my daughter's phone over to Public. Today I went to the same kiosk - because I had such good service in the past - to switch over and set up 2 more phones - my husband and my son. I had a terrible experience. I was not provided with a chance to input the refer a friend code that I had from my daughter, and was told it was too late when I did ask about it. My husband's phone still does not work - and we were sent away being told that it should come on line. I was not provided with any information about the accounts she set up when activating the cards. I am very disappointed, after receiving such good service the previous 2 visits I made. Does anyone know if there is a correct channel for me to work through to attempt to correct the missed codes and errors for the 2 activations that (I think) were done today?

8 REPLIES 8

@Yummy 

Call the kiosk or the business operating the kiosk.

CountyDownIeUk
Mayor / Maire

@Russell29 wrote:

Last month I had a very positive experience when I worked with a customer service representative to set up 2 phones for my parents at my local kiosk. Last week, I had a similar positive experience with another customer service representative at the same kiosk when I switched my daughter's phone over to Public. Today I went to the same kiosk - because I had such good service in the past - to switch over and set up 2 more phones - my husband and my son. I had a terrible experience. I was not provided with a chance to input the refer a friend code that I had from my daughter, and was told it was too late when I did ask about it. My husband's phone still does not work - and we were sent away being told that it should come on line. I was not provided with any information about the accounts she set up when activating the cards. I am very disappointed, after receiving such good service the previous 2 visits I made. Does anyone know if there is a correct channel for me to work through to attempt to correct the missed codes and errors for the 2 activations that (I think) were done today?

1. Ask for CSA assistance. 

2. Give a bad bad google review. You may spark up the owner by doing so. 

3. Don’t go back. 

4. Consider this....If you want it done right.....do it yourself. 

@darlicious wrote:

In regards to the poor customer service experience I personally would call and complain

I thought there is NO phone number to call PM???????? Even for complaints??? What I am missing here?

As for poor customer service at the kiosk, I doubt there people are PM employees. And as such not all humans are created equal. Some are nice and friendly and helpful some are not. Nothing to do with PM.

Contacting PM through ticketing system will most likely resolve all your issues. CSA responding to you ARE PM employees and you can try to notify them of kiosk's misbehaviour.

Let us know how it goes...

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@Russell29 

You've been provided with a way to get the correct referrals added (contact CSA)

To leave a review of the location you visited, check out this store-locator option with Public Mobile, which provides an option to Leave a Review.   If the store location is there, I'd recommend doing so:

Stores near you (publicmobile.ca)

@Russell29 

Well that was an unfortunate experience. As already mentioned you can contact customer support to remedy the referral codes issue. It sounds like your husband's accounts sim card did not provision correctly upon activation. This can also be fixed by the CSA but you can also try putting the sim card in another phone to test and see if you get a similar result.

In regards to the poor customer service experience I personally would call and complain about the service you recieved from the representative whose concerns were more about receiving their commission vs giving good customer service.

pkaraa
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

By clicking the blurb on the bottom right and follow the prompts to Contact support agents for the referral codes to be applied manually on the account.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Russell29 wrote:

@Russell29  - geez that started off so pleasant!

Sorry to hear of the latest negative experience.

Whoever activated will need to contact CSA to request the referral code be added. I would let them know of your experience as well.

Two ways to contact CSA:

1- Put in a ticket through SIMon Bot (usually faster method to get in contact with the Public Mobile Customer Support) by clicking on the bottom, right chat bubble.
OR
2- Private message the Customer Support here (slower method): https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Need Help? Let's chat.