cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need to create account and transfer PM number to a new one from the existing one

slobidker
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi,

I would like to create a new account and transfer the PM number from the existing account to mine.

Please advise.

Thanks,

Alex

8 REPLIES 8

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@slobidker 

The "Why" is the question to be answered. Once that is known then a possible solution can be offered to your query. But yes its possible but whether it's probable depends on many factors and it is against official policy to do so....but I can confirm it has been done on a case by case basis with a compelling reason and as always its YMMV.

If done you do have the correct procedure...activate a new account to move the desired phone # to and the old account gets assigned a new phone #.

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@slobidker wrote:

Hi,

I would like to create a new account and transfer the PM number from the existing account to mine.

Please advise.

Thanks,

Alex

@slobidker  transferring numbers between PM accounts is not done.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

CountyDownIeUk
Mayor / Maire

@slobidker wrote:

Hi,

I would like to create a new account

With PM?

and transfer the PM number from the existing account 

Who owns the existing account?

to mine.

Being the new account you are asking for?

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@slobidker you have a new line on the new account?  they have stopped help with accounts swapping for some time

CountyDownIeUk
Mayor / Maire

You could ask a CSA but from what we hear here, it is doubtful. 

If you are on the old rewards. Your request would likely into the less preferred, but still good, new points program. 

The question is WHY. If we knew that, perhaps other solutions can be provided. 

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

So...you want to keep account #1 going and start a second account using number from account #1 ? Is that correct ?

Why not just create a new account / new number and give it to whomever has account #1...then you take over account #1.

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@slobidker Hi I’m sorry but it is not possible to move a phone number between two accounts at Public 

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Why?

You could transfer the number out to another provider and then transfer it back in to the other account.

But again, why?

Need Help? Let's chat.