cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need to cancel plan

LenaSchuschke
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello,

I activated a SIM card for my parents but they are no longer in Canada. 
Is disabling the pre-authorized payments enough to cancel the plan? or is there anything else I need to do?

they would like to re-activate it in august when they come back for a month. 

thanks for your help. 

5 REPLIES 5

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Timing can depend on when the next renewal is. Turn off autopay before then. From the date of your next renewal for 90 days the account is in suspension. You could think of it as a 90 day grace period to renew. Some providers offer only 30 days. Then you could pay and renew. That then goes for 30 days. Maybe that 30 days would be enough for their one month stay. Then you could let it suspend again until their return. But maybe the timing will be close. If the timing is not close then you could change to the $15 plan if the plan is more expensive to just do that for the 1 renewal.

Again, timing.

That way you save the expense of a sim. But if you have to do one renewal then that's a wash.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@LenaSchuschke 

Are your parents planning to come back to Canada within 90 days?

Once you disable AutoPay and after 90 days of nonpayment. The accounts will be closed and you can’t access their account, SIM rendered useless and number will be lost.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @LenaSchuschke   just disable Pre-authorized payments from My Account is all your need to do.  

When they come back in August, get a new sim card and activate a new account.  

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@LenaSchuschke  Sign into your my account and disable auto pay or get support to remove credit card info right away … also if you intend to port number out will cancel the account also 

Getting support / submit ticket

• Get support by starting a conversation with virtual Chat box /SIMon. Click here                 

Or while your already here and logged in the community

• you can send a private message   To CS_Agents by clicking here.

Watch for reply top of page to the

Right ( envelope image )

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@LenaSchuschke   yes, you can disable Pre-authorized payment and the account will go onto suspension for 90 days after the end of the current cycle). 

Your parents won't be back till August, it is like 5 months away, you will either need to reactivate the account before the 90 days or you just need to buy new sim card and new activatoin with a new account and new number. If they are not attached to the phone number, just go with  buying a new card and new activation .  

Need Help? Let's chat.