cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need to activate

Eva-schmitt
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen
  • Filled everything out to activate my SIM card, transferred my number, but not getting an email. HELP 
21 REPLIES 21

@esjliv wrote:

@softech curious, which mobile providers do not sent out SMS porting approval texts?

I know landlines don't, voips? other?

@esjliv   Speakout is onle of them

I did not receive any text from SpeakOut asking me to verify if I wanted to port my number out

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Get-Support/Success-Porting-from-7-11-Speakout-to-PM/...

@Eva-schmitt wrote:

When I put the pm SIM card in, it says activation required

@Eva-schmitt   do you have an iPhone?

@Eva-schmitt wrote:

@Eva-schmitt so you went through the activation of the SIM public Card, received the account 4 digit PIN via SMS and that's all so far?

Does it work in another phone?

If not, I'd suggest you submit a ticket with Public Mobile representatives (CSA) for help; click this link for issues with transfer/porting of phone numbers over to Public Mobile.

@Eva-schmitt wrote:

MTS

I imagine MTS (Bell) would send out an SMS text.

@Eva-schmitt was your MTS account active when you activated the public SIM card?

Did you call that porting number? That office is closed now, so you could submit a ticket via public mobile agents and hopefully they resend the request to port.

Have you tried the public mobile inside another phone to see if services work?

Perhaps, your phone is locked. If so, contact MTS to unlock it for you. You will need your imei number, dial *#06# to get it.

Eva-schmitt

Yes it was 

Eva-schmitt

Eva-schmitt

MTS

@softech wrote:

@Eva-schmitt wrote:

I did not get a sms or Email, so I still have the old SIM card in there, but my phone says no service 

@Eva-schmitt  which provider are you porting out?  Some provider do not send out text

@softech curious, which mobile providers do not sent out SMS porting approval texts?

I know landlines don't, voips? other?

@Eva-schmitt wrote:

I did not get a sms or Email, so I still have the old SIM card in there, but my phone says no service 

@Eva-schmitt  which provider are you porting out?  Some provider do not send out text

Also, you can try this first, put PM sim card into a phone

First, see if it connects to PM network

Then check outgoing calls

If it works, try to call your old number from another phone and see if the PM sim rings, if the PM sim rings, then the porting is completed

@Eva-schmitt wrote:

Your old account needs to be Active (unless Koodo or Telus, there may be some exceptions there).

Was your old provider's account in Active status?

@Eva-schmitt  So you just activated a SIM card not try and port an old number of yours over ? 
if you did try and port old number over and didn’t get a confirmation text there’s a live support number to get that fixed I’ll send it to you private message 

@Eva-schmitt wrote:

OH @Eva-schmitt  ok then to restart the port process either:

Submit a ticket with Public Mobile representatives (CSA) for help; click this link for issues with transfer/porting of phone numbers over to Public Mobile.

Or, you can try calling the Telus porting phone number, which we are not supposed to post here. So, check your private messages I will send it to you there.

Eva-schmitt

Eva-schmitt

I never got a confirmation text or email 

@Eva-schmitt  The email and password you used to activate sim card is essentially what created your self serve account ,, you can sign in to self serve to change plan buy add on update credit card info etc . But if your SIM card is working and you’re receiving calls and text and can call out in it …and your old number displays when you call friends and family you’re good to go … and the welcome email maybe in your spam folder 

@Eva-schmitt - activation process is through the portal here: https://publicmobile.ca/en/on/portal/activation

But sounds like you got the welcome email so that is good.

Email may be delayed...or in some cases in the past doesn't come at all. But hopefully just delayed.

Have you restarted your phone with the public SIM card inside, best to do this.

NOTE:

• Cell ports can take 2-3 hours. Use the previous provider's SIM card to receive the porting transfer text for approval to port over to Public Mobile and to receive calls from until port is complete.
  • Landline/voip ports can take 3+ days. Expect a mix of services on the landline and Public Mobile SIM card until port is complete.

When the incoming calls stop on the previous provider’s SIM card and/or landline/voip account, that is a good indication the port is complete.

Eva-schmitt

What is the activation portal? 
The confirmation/activation/payment email. 
i only got an SMS about my pin and a welcome 

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Eva-schmitt did you activate via the activation portal?

you tested your sim card??  you see it connected to PM Network??

what email you not getting?? the Welcome email?  or you meant the porting authorization text from your old provider??

you can make outgoing calls? receive incoming?

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Eva-schmitt  Additional info on porting 

When transferring (porting) your number to any new carrier it’s important to remember to leave the old providers SIM card in the phone until you receive the confirmation text from old carrier @that point you have 90 mins to reply YES to the confirmation text … also when going thru this process the new provider will want you old providers account number and will ask for IMEI number disregard this (IMEI) number as it has a tendency to just cos porting hiccups .. so if your ready to port to pm and already activated a SIM card you can go to your self serve serve profile tab and change /transfer (port) number this can also be done on activation but it’s advised to pick a temp number first then port 

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Eva-schmitt  So services work calling texting and data , did you reboot phone 

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Eva-schmitt - did you receive the SMS on the old provider's SIM card to approve the port over to Public Mobile? Is that what you meant SMS, not email?

Or, are you talking about the activation email?

Need Help? Let's chat.