cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need mod help to transfer number from one PM account to another

WildBurrow70
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I am in the process of porting out my current PM number to another provider (for work). I would like to keep my PM account under a new number. Following advice in this post (https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Self-Serve/Port-out-my-number-but-keep-account/td-p/2...) I created a 2nd PM account. Now, I would like to transfer my number from PM account 1 to PM account 2.

Can a mod please message me and help me do this step?

Thank you!

14 REPLIES 14

Is there a reason that you cant just get a new number for your work phone and keep PM exactly as it is? Are you going to keep using the PM account with new number indefinitely or just 2 - 3 months? (I got lost about the 2-3 months for stragglers to catch up wit hyou).

Other considerations are changing your number to a new PM number. This frees up your existing number to float around cyberspace for awhile. Who originally assigned you that number? PM or other Telus company provider or other provider like Bell or Rogers? If it came from Rogers for example (that Area Code & Exchange NPA-NXX is assigned to Rogers) then the number will find its way back to the owner of that NPA-NNX. If by Chance your work provider IS Rogers, they may have the willingness to find the number and give it to you again since they are getting a new account out of all of this.

AE_Collector

@WildBurrow70 

Thank you for the update.

WildBurrow70

I did not initiate the transfer but by all accounts it is not possible to:

1. Transfer a number from PM account 1 to account 2

1. Transfer funds from PM account 1 to account 2

So, in summary, if you want to port out number from PM, you forfeit your account, plan, and any existing funds (* this last part depends on how these funds came to be: referrals, direct payments, bonus items, etc.)

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

@WildBurrow70 

Did you already initiate the transfer

If yes by the time it's completed your account will be purged and everything gone.

If you want to keep it you must stop the port. You can report your phone lost to block the port. Then you can talk to moderators. After the port it will be too late

@WildBurrow70 They could do it but they won't. Directive from Telus came in saying no more of this.

WildBurrow70

I have done so and am waiting for a response - will update this thread when I have more info.

@WildBurrow70 wrote:

Perhaps we can look at it from a different angle.

Is it possible to transfer funds/balance/plan from one PM account to another? I have prepaid balance that I would prefer not to lose.

If yes, then all that needs to be done is a transfer of funds from PM account 1 to 2. Then I can port out number from PM account 1 and it will close. PM account 2 will remain with funds intact.

@WildBurrow70   You'll need to contact moderators to find out if that is possible and I would agree that if it's your funds (not rewards/credits from PM) that were deposited then as a gesture of goodwill PM mods may allow for the transfer. 

You can submit a ticket/message either via the chatbot bubble bottom right of the screen or click the envelope icon top right and private message Moderator_Team.   Of course there are no guarantees as PM is a prepaid service.

WildBurrow70

I do not wish to abandon my account. I simply wish to change my number.

However - for the duration of 1-3 months, I want to keep the old number around, on VOIP, to give a chance to any stragglers to not lose touch with me completely. It's not strictly speaking necessary but a convenient backup - if it can be done.

Hope that clarifies my intentions.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@WildBurrow70 wrote:

Is it possible to transfer funds/balance/plan from one PM account to another? I have prepaid balance that I would prefer not to lose.

If yes, then all that needs to be done is a transfer of funds from PM account 1 to 2. Then I can port out number from PM account 1 and it will close. PM account 2 will remain with funds intact.

I think I have seen the odd occasion of moving funds.

Here's the ethical conundrum: if you deposited real money into your account then it seems reasonable that you wouldn't want to abandon it. Folly to deposit so much real money but possible.

If you have accumulated a bunch of rewards and credits then that "money" isn't really yours, is it?

But that's JMHO.

The account history would know if it was real or not.

@WildBurrow70 wrote:

This is not possible.

WildBurrow70

Anonymous
Not applicable

@WildBurrow70 wrote:

I am in the process of porting out my current PM number to another provider (for work). I would like to keep my PM account under a new number. Following advice in this post (https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Self-Serve/Port-out-my-number-but-keep-account/td-p/2...) I created a 2nd PM account. Now, I would like to transfer my number from PM account 1 to PM account 2.

Thank you!

This is no longer being done. As you found, it used to be. Not any more.

The still very active Oracle might want to update that post.

WildBurrow70

I think this should work. In essence, all I want to achieve is:

1. Keep my PM account and service - under whatever number

2. Transfer out the existing phone number to another provider

Will keep you posted on how this goes.

JoyLuck
Mayor / Maire

@WildBurrow70 wrote:

Thank you!

I joined PM in February and I always read that what you are asking cannot be done. That is an interesting thread. That posting was from 2017 so things may have changed. Please let us know the outcome.  You will probably get some seasoned PM users chiming in here.

Here is how you contact the moderators:

Here’s how to contact the Moderator Team (Public Mobile representative) for assistance:

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Choose the chat bubble in the lower right hand corner and follow the prompts.
  • Alternatively, you can send a private message to the Moderators by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.
Need Help? Let's chat.