cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Port out my number but keep account

AdeAhmed
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello all,

I was wondering, I need to port my current PM phone number to a work plan, as they are paying for a phone/plan for me for work purposes. My work contacts are familiar with my current number, so I need to use that under my work plan.

Is there any way to have my number ported to the new provider, but keep my PM plan with a different number? I wouldnt mind keeping the PM plan for personal usage/personal calls.

Any help with this is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

9 REPLIES 9

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@BHK1972 best to start your own thread.  did you message the mods to reset your password or provide you your account number?

How can you get help with your account, activation, or service?

In your message please include:

• PM Phone Number, 4 digit PIN, Account email address, Detailed explanation of your issue

Don't know your pin?--provide any 3 of the following:

• Complete mailing address, Email address, Alternate phone number, Date of birth, Last top up date & amount

How long until they reply?:

• Office Hours: Mon-Fri 9am to 9pm, and Sat-Sun 9am to 7:30pm [Totonto Time].
  • Messages are replied to during business hours and in the order they are received
  • Typical response time is between 1-3 hours, depending on message queue, but can be up to 48 hours.
  • There is no need to send multiple messages.

Additional Useful Information:

• Search PM-GUIDE (remove "-" during the search) to find some informative posts and answers to many common questions about Public Mobile

BHK1972

I m angry because I don’t know my account number every day I call I can’t have access 

@WearySky wrote:

I wasnt aware that the mods would do this, I don't think they would before? That's handy to know. Lots of people wanting to hold onto those old 4gb/$40 plans. 

This is what our reccomendation is based on: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Self-Serve/Porting-a-number-from-PM-to-PM/m-p/163972#...

WearySky
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

I wasnt aware that the mods would do this, I don't think they would before? That's handy to know. Lots of people wanting to hold onto those old 4gb/$40 plans. 

@Acekiller Yes, a bit of a hassle but most other carriers will not move a number from one account to another!

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

Acekiller
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

it is a bit of hassel, but it may be your only choice.

AdeAhmed

Thanks all!

Looks like I will try this workaround my messaging the MOD team for help and linking some of these posts.

Mana
Mayor / Maire

@AdeAhmed I think there is a workaround that you can achieve with the moderators help but it will cost you some money to open up another PM account. 

Here is how the workaround may work with mods help:

- you keep your current account in good standing

- you open a new PM account

- you then ask the mods to transfer your number from your old account to new account

- you keep your new account in good standing ( now your new account should have your current number and old account should have a new number)

- you port out your current number linked to your new account to the new carrier. 

To to contact the mods, please send a private message to @CS_Agent

in your message please include:

- explaination of your issue

- your account numbers 

- your phone numbers

hope this helps

wetcoaster
Mayor / Maire

If you port out your number, your account will be closed immediately. Assuming that you want to keep your current (promo?) plan, you'll need to open an additional PM account for the work around suggested below.

@Luddite's explanation of the work around: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Discussions/How-do-I-port-out-my-number-and-still-kee...

Edit: @Luddite beat me to it...

Need Help? Let's chat.