cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help cancelling an account

Iskander
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My mother signed up for your 3G service by accident, and lives in an area where she can't get reliable 3G service. She is having trouble getting support to cancel the service, and was charged despite not finishing her activation. Can someone help?

7 REPLIES 7

Iskander

Not helpful at all. She made a mistake, get over it. Do you just lurk these forums to insult people?

Josh204
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

If you leave the account don't top it up for 90 days it would cancel by itself 

Sorry @Iskander 

PM is prepaid and no refund.

To avoid further loss, remember to login My Account to disable Automatic payment 

I'm still trying to figure out how you sign up by accident. LOL.

You can reach a customer service agent here. 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Iskander

Thanks for the explanation of how 3G works, but I should have been clearer about what she is looking to do. She signed up by accident, never activated and is looking to get a refund, is this possible? Not for the sim card she paid for, but the service that she no longer wants and hasn't used.

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

How do you sign up for a service by accident? 

Like @hTideGnow said, 3G is just an internet speed on her phone. She can still use the phone and make/receive calls and text. The internet would be just a tad slow. What I would do is tell her to try the service to see what she thinks, reception wise for calls and texts. And if she wants a faster speed, you can assist her by changing to a 4G speed account or 5G if she has a 5G phone for the next month. To be honest, I have the 3G speed and I don't find it that slow.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @Iskander 

she might still be able to use that.  The 3G service is just speed , she can use the 4G or 5G network.

Problem is , can she receive calls and make calls ?  PM uses both VoLTE and 3G for voice but more on 3G

if you want to cancel the service, login to My Account, Payment, Manage  Subscription and disable Subscribed

Need Help? Let's chat.