cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help activating with Public Mobile?

Jeremy_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey Community,

If you have any questions or issues when activating an account with us, please reply to this topic with your question or issue, and our awesome Community members and moderators will be able to assist you.

Note: Please do not share any personal account information in your reply

Thanks,

Jeremy

797 REPLIES 797

Tygr
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen
Thanks will di

torontoireland

Don't try again, I did that and was charged twice, then for some reason both charges was removed, but the tax amount was left. Now my phone number is in limbo and I have no idea what is going on. Best to stick with the original sim card and wait it out.

Tygr
Ok will this affect getting the deal? I'm not Concerned about the time but more with the fact that the deal will be over and I'll be out of luck? I have another Sim, should I try again? I don't want to be billed twice

torontoireland

Unfortunately that could take a very long time as I fear this is a much more widespread issue. I attemped to e-mail the Director of Marketing and Communications and received a Telus mail-back indicating that her mailbox is full which means they are probably dealing with an insane mess at the moment.

Tygr
Hi, so I was able to activate 3 account so far but this last one is giving me an issue. I was able to enter all info but it failed after I entered the credit info. The problem is, I got an email saying it was successful. I am unable to log into the account. I tried the forgot my password but it says the email isn't registered. I can't try the sim because I don't have a the phone yet. Got it form an action

Tygr

TE0991
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello,  I am trying to sign up for PM but it appears the system is really boggged down as it is stuck constantly loading right now...I was able to get through the first information part and chosing a phone number but now it's not loading the plans page.  Is there anything I can do except just wait?  Also if I close the page and try again at another time will affect my sim card activation since I already put in all the info?

Thank you.

Edit*  This was a browser issue.. I closed and tried on Firefox and everything went through properly.  Only issue now is that I have no service...

My account is all set up and everything seems good.  My phone is usable with PM.  I set up my apn.  I rebooted the phone with the new sim card.  but I get no service.  PM shows up when I do a search for available networks but when I try to manually register to the Public mobile network  is says "your SIM card does not allow a connection to this network"  

Any help on this issue would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

@Shazia_K

Murdawg

@Murdawg wrote:

@Jeremy_M I successfully Activated my 90 Day Plan today and Port appears to have gone through.  My account Overview says Active, etc,  however my phone will not stay "registered" on the PM network.  It will register then within seconds drops and says NO SERVICE.

I received the text messages at first from PM indicating it was successful, texted my PIN, etc, but now nothing.

This is a phone that needs to work as it's one that my kids and school use for contacting me for issues (oh.. and work).  Any help would be appreciated.

So I've narrowed this down to an LTE issue.  If in the "Network Mode" of my phone I select GSM/WCDMA/LTE Auto it will connect for a few seconds and then drop.  No Data, No Voice, etc.

If I select GSM/WCDMA Auto everything seems to stay connected fine.   But I now do not have LTE.

Still looking for assistance.

Rockdaddy22
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité
@clauditorium you should try your PM sim to see if anything is working. If it was successful your Rogers sim wouldn't be working this morning. Please test your pm sim.

Rockdaddy22
They'll be able to solve it for you, it's just going to take some time unfortunately.

lilstarangel15
I have the same problem as you @jtshuang. Neither of my sim cards are registered now. So now I have no service, no account but was charged for the 3 months.
Does anyone know what to do? I've privates messaged some of the moderators yesterday, hopefully someone will be able to help. Will update this post when the problem is fixed.

Rockdaddy22
Have you stop tried the sim @jtshuang. Sometimes it'll work

clauditorium

@computergeek541 wrote:

You would do that after your old sim card stops working.  If you switch sim cards now, you won't receive any calls or text messages if people are trying to contact you.

Thanks; I figured as much. It's just weird that they don't tell you in advance when the change is supposed to take place.

jtshuang

I have the exact same problem as daveccrit - error after submitting payment info.  Could not go through activation process again because it said invalid SIM.  Public Mobile account not created, but some part of the port mush have processed becaused  now my phone is out of service.  Already sent email about this previously, but no response

@clauditorium wrote:

So I got my SIM card, signed up for a plan online, giving information so my number would be ported from my current service provider.

Now what? When do I switch the old SIM card for the new one?

You would do that after your old sim card stops working.  If you switch sim cards now, you won't receive any calls or text messages if people are trying to contact you.

clauditorium

So I got my SIM card, signed up for a plan online, giving information so my number would be ported from my current service provider.

Now what? When do I switch the old SIM card for the new one?

SDavison

Looks like I'm in the same boat, activated the SIM and added a plan, but after checkout received the message:

"Sorry, your account activation request has failed. Please visit our online community for assistance.
Thanks for submitting your activation request. Your request has been processed. Full details are below."

I'm hoping this is worked out soon!

Murdawg

@Jeremy_M I successfully Activated my 90 Day Plan today and Port appears to have gone through.  My account Overview says Active, etc,  however my phone will not stay "registered" on the PM network.  It will register then within seconds drops and says NO SERVICE.

I received the text messages at first from PM indicating it was successful, texted my PIN, etc, but now nothing.

This is a phone that needs to work as it's one that my kids and school use for contacting me for issues (oh.. and work).  Any help would be appreciated.

Signup
@Guetson_R can you help me.
Port went through today but still cannot access my account to add money.

Boomer2

Finally got my account working!    Got a message today from PM Support ( lotsa thx @Guetson_R) that the problem has been fixed.

Took 6 days, but getting it to work is worth it.

misterp

I've had the public mobile sim in my phone since trying to activate it. It says the SIM's not provisioned. I've tried reboots as well. Interestingly though, the account I gave the referral to lists it. Weird. Hoping it gets resolved soon.

I should add too that I haven't heard back from PM yet.

Rockdaddy22
I hope you guys try putting your sim in your phone, if the old account was cancelled that means the PM sim could be working. @daveccrit

Bolado
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Sounds like it ported.  You can put the public mobile sim into the phone and follow the instructions online to see if your phone number is on your sim if you want to find out.  I'll add a tag on your page for a mod to see your message.  Hooks up the bravos!

lilstarangel15

Please help me figure out what to do. Is my phone number lost?

I went through the process of activating my SIM card yesterday, got to the summary step where I put in my credit card information for the 4GB for $40/month plan and clicked on "continue. I waited until the page loaded, but ended up with a Server Error web page that said "404-File or directory not found".

I've tried inserting the PM SIM card with no luck. I've also inserted the Telus SIM card (company I was with prior to PM), and it also doesn't work. 

Thanks

Bolado
I did both as well.
Conspiracy theory imagination station is the big 3 colluded to use public mobile as their stepping stone to filter out the grand fathered plans to maximize profit. All jokes aside. It's just power overwhelming for the mods to assist the massive flood of people. Like 6 gates to get into the amusement park but with a million people waiting in line to get in. Worst case scenario is unfortunately since you never renewed your plan prior to November 20 you can no longer get the plan. Like the retention lines at the big 3.

dtty87

I messaged a mod on Saturday afternoon. Still waiting for a response. 

I sent information to the help account through the website on Wednesday, November 9th, and yesterday again. Still waiting for a response. 

Bolado
I've been waiting since November 12 2016. Please hit the bravo button if that was any help.

selvia_foeng

Hi all,

could someone please share with me how long do you wait to be replied by mod.

so I PMed @Shazia_K last friday. After waiting for 4 days I finally received a message from her this afternoon. So she is asking for more info about my porting problem.

so I replied her message not long after. So do you think I have to wait for another 4 days to get another respond? If yes then it will be 8 days in total. I have been paying for 2 lines public mobile and wind right now because of this issue..

thanks

misterp

I've now noticed that my number is gone from my Telus account. I'm hoping that this is a sign that the process is going through and not that i've somehow lost my phone number. My public mobile account still hasn't been created and my SIM is invalid what I try to reactivate.

Need Help? Let's chat.