cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need customer service help with account

Jman73
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I’m trying to set up my SIM card, and I have an account, but when I go to activate it, it asks for my email and password twice, and on the second time says I do not have an account

5 REPLIES 5

@Jman73 oh, so are you porting over to public mobile? If so, then you need to put the old provider's SIM card into your phone to say YES to the porting request. Did you do that?

You said your old number is inactive? It needs to be ACTIVE in order to port over to Public Mobile. Make sure it is ACTIVE then request the port again. When you say you 'don't have anything' you mean no services on the public mobile SIM Card? Try restarting the phone or perform a reset of the device's network settings.

To rule out a phone issue, try the SIM card into another phone. Even with a stuck port, you should have texting and outgoing calls, as well as data.

If you missed to respond YES to the old provider's text then you can try calling the Telus porting phone number, which we are not supposed to post here. So, check your private messages I will send it to you there.

If still issues, submit a ticket with Public Mobile representatives (CSA) for help; click this link for issues with transfer/porting of phone numbers over to Public Mobile.

OR if issues with that link, go to your ENVELOPE at the top right of your Community Account which is where your Inbox and Sent messages are. Select the orange/peach color box with the pencil inside it to start a new message.  Type CS_Agent in the SEND TO box. This will create a private message to Public Mobile Customer Support.

Jman73
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Yes. I have now been able to go through the process, but it said to wait to insert SIM, then never actually told me when to insert it. They’ve notified my other carrier of the switch, and said I’d have a temporary number to use data from, but I don’t have anything and now when I try to log back into app it only gives option of sending a verification code to the number that is currently inactive as it’s not transferred. Argh. This is super frustrating 

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Jman73 are you already a public mobile customer, or trying to activate for the first time?

If you ordered a SIM card online with public, that does not mean you have a public mobile account. These are different credentials, than My Account.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Jman73 - what do you mean you have an account? Do you mean you already paid for a new subscription and just now you are activating the SIM card, because the SIM card came later?

IF so, you need to activate the SIM card in the public mobile APP. Is that what you are trying to do?

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Jman73  Are you trying in the app ? If still no luck please use this direct link to support 

send a  private message   To CS_Agents click          

VVVVV      Link below    VVVVV

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Need Help? Let's chat.