cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need assistance cancelling account for my elderly grandma

Melissa2479
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi, I am trying to assist my 89 year old grandma cancel her public mobile account as her phone died and she can no longer leave her home without someone with her anymore so she does not need cell service any longer and she cannot afford to have this removed from her account each month.  She set up the phone with Public mobile but it is a flip phone without internet as she does not need the internet for anything so she is unfamiliar with it so she does not have a my account set up or an email address and cannot get help from anywhere to get this resolved.  Can someone please guide me in finding a way to reach someone that can cancel this for her.  She has called Telus and Koodo and they advised her to put stop payments on at the bank which we did and they are still taking her money anyways so she is upset and very afraid we will not be able to stop this.

8 REPLIES 8

Wayworn
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

You did the right thing by canceling/ blocking payment through her bank.  Tell her to be patient and the stop payment will happen because it takes a few days to take effect. 

slusagm
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

and you can ask the bank to charge back once more time.  i heard PM is very strict with that, after a chargeback is made, they will supsend the account immediately.. So, ask the bank once more time

Melissa2479

Thank you for this information! I have sent a private message to them, I am hoping to resolve this for her through there.

Melissa2479

Hi, thank you.  we did the stop payment at the bank but they are still taking it, the phone broke so she can't turn it on as well.  Unfortunately there is no My Account as she someone at a store set her up with PM but did not mention that there are no people to assist her when she needs it so I am unsure how I can do this for her.

eddieO

@Melissa2479 If you are able to log in to her account for her through a web browser you can unsubscribe from the plan, after 90 days of inactivity the account will automatically be closed but if you want it done much sooner clicking on the links I provided earlier will get you there.

slusagm
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

if you stop the payment at the bank, it would be all good going forward.  But her service still working?  It shouldn't 

and you don't have the login info from your grandma? you can try to talk to PM.   if you dont have your grandma's login, I doubt you can use chatbot to open ticket using the proper way.  Try to message PM here

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

eddieO

@Melissa2479, You can open a ticket through the Chatbot: https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html
(and then type: Customer Support Agent)

Or, if you are having trouble with the Chatbot try sending a private message to: 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437
(note: you will need to be logged into your Community account for this link to work)

Need Help? Let's chat.