cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying to cancel grandma’s account

wregier
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I set my grandma up on PM a few years ago and I misplaced her account details.  I purchased the SIM card from Walmart at the time and they forced me to have them set it up (which is why I don’t have all the account info).  How can I deactivate this account?  I have her details, but don’t want to provide on this public forum.

Thanks

10 REPLIES 10

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@wregier 

That's fantastic....I sent you a private message (the envelope icon at the top left corner of your screen next to your avatar.) Click on that and read the info I sent you.....Thank you!

@CountyDownIeUk 

Thank you for your kind words!

Hi @wregier 

On behalf of @darlicious  no need to have a CSA to assist. She will stick handle the process. As far as the phone number you need to leave it in place for now as I can see 2 options...she will change it or you can before hand. But like I say......just let her manage the transition. She is experienced, fair, and has a good integrity. 

wregier

Excellent!  Thanks Softech

wregier

Thank-you!

wregier

Thx!

wregier

Hi Darlicious, thanks for your response.  Yes, I have all the info so that I can contact PM support.  I would be happy to let you take the account over once I can confirm the credit card is removed and the number is out of my grandmother’s name, but I don’t understand how to do this.  Do I ask PM support to do this?

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@wregier 

Do you know the email you used to set it up? If not then you will need to verify the account info to gain access to the account thru customer support. Gather that info along with the current payment card info on the account so that you can verify the account. Since you want to cancel the account I would very much like the opportunity to take over the account as I actively seek accounts on the old $$ rewards program so that I can pass them along to other people on low or fixed incomes so that they can stay connected on an easy to maintain account with a bill reduced in price by $$ rewards ( $15 - $7=$8/30 days) similar to why you probably set up your grandmother with pm. Please send me a private message if this is something you would consider? I can also help you with recovering access to the account regardless....of what Hou decide to do with the account.

CountyDownIeUk
Mayor / Maire

@wregier 

Hi. @darlicious will be able to help you out. 

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@wregier 

Before login to the PM self serve account for your grandmother, clear the cache, cookies and go incognito to avoid any login problems.

Login to her account then the FA2 code sent her email.

Or if you still have her phone, have the code sent by text to her phone.

Once you are in her account, go to the Payment section and disable AutoPay and remove CC info to stop future payment.

The account will be suspended and will closed after 90 days for nonpayment.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@wregier you have to get the access to My Account back first and then disable Pre-auth. payments in My Account

to get the access issue sorted out, please open ticket with PM support

1.  Open ticket with Chatbot for faster response (2-48 hours), using direct link: https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

Start by typing "Forgot Login Information", then click "Contact Us",, then click "Click here to submit a ticket ↗" 

2. if you have problem with Chatbot: Private message CS Agent at:    

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after the ticket is opened. CS Agent will reply to you there

Need Help? Let's chat.