cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need a PIN from my sim card

Vovanich
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi team, I changed my phone and sim card asking PIN code. Please help, 3rd day without connection. Need urgent for work.

Thank you

13 REPLIES 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Vovanich : Is the locked phone a Samsung? If so then they have a nice service to give you an unlock code. The other phones would also need to be compatible. What are their make/model/submodel?

When you put in your PM SIM into the "other 2 phones", they didn't ask for any PIN?  just not connecting to PM network?

Vovanich

I have also tried other two phones that were not sticking to any company, they don't ask for any pin, but one shows the antenna and no network registered? another one is not showing the antenna

Thanks

@Vovanich wrote:

Hi there, For the message Sim network unlock PIN-the pass 1234 is not working. Thanks

'SIM network Unlock PIN" is asking for the unlock code of the phone.  You need to contact the provider where you got the phone from for the phone unlock code.

Vovanich

Hi there,

the message is "SIM network unlock PIN"

@Vovanich wrote:

Hi there, For the message Sim network unlock PIN-the pass 1234 is not working. Thanks

@Vovanich 

With that exact message, your phone is likely locked to previous carrier.  You will need to contact pervious carrier for unlock code.  It should be a free service.  

Vovanich

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Here is an explanation by one if the Oracles, Luddite. SIM network PIN blocked. Enter SIM network PUK."  is asking for the phone’s (often Samsung) “master code" after entering the wrong code too many times. Samsung and/or your previous carrier can give you this.   "SIM network unlock PIN"  is asking for your previous carrier's unlock code - just contact them with your IMEI and they'll give it to you. If you enter this incorrectly too many times, you'll get the error message above.   “PIN unlock key (PUK)”  is a SIM-specific code used to prevent unauthorised use of a SIM card.  The PIN (Personal Identification Number) enables secure access to the SIM card and network. It is provided with your SIM card.  If the PIN code is entered incorrectly 3 times, the phone is locked (except for emergency calls) and requires a PUK (Personal Unlock Key) to reactivate it. Once the PUK is recovered and validated, you will be asked to choose a new PIN. Only Public Mobile's moderators can give you this type of code, which the device manufacturer cannot. Public Mobile's moderators can be contacted at the following address:  https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437 Caution! If the PUK is entered incorrectly ten times in a row, the SIM card becomes unusable.

@Vovanich   what exact message you see on the screen?  There could be 3 different ones : 

"SIM network PIN blocked.  Enter SIM network PUK"

"SIM network unlock PIN"

"PIN unlock key (PUK"

Send us the exact message and we will help.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Vovanich wrote:

Hi team, I changed my phone and sim card asking PIN code. Please help, 3rd day without connection. Need urgent for work.

Thank you

@Vovanich 

Does the SIM card work in another compatible device?

By clicking here you will receive prompts that will provide possible messages you are receiving and next steps you can take to help you solve your issue.

You may need your IMEI (dial *#06# to get it) have the previous provider unlock the device for you.

@Vovanich 

Did you get this screen? If so then 1234 should work.

Screenshot_20210412-170412_Samsung Experience Home.jpg

Nezgar
Mayor / Maire

Your replacement phone may be locked if it was from another carrier (not Telus, Koodo, or Public Mobile) and the phone is from 2017 or earlier. You'll need to phone the carrier that it was originally from, and ask for the unlock code.

@Vovanich wrote:

What's the exact message that your phone is displaying?  The default PIN for all Public Mobile SIM cards is 1234.  However, if your phone is asking for a SIM Network Unlock PIN, this is something different and means that your phone is locked to a different carrier. You would need to contact that carrier to get the phone unlocked or pay something to get it unlocked or get an unlock code.

Need Help? Let's chat.