cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need a Micro SIM; was only given a Nano SIM when I signed up for PM

Hello-motto
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi PM community,

I signed up for PM over a year ago at a phone booth. I paid $10 for them to provide me with a micro SIM for my old cell phone. They did not give me any other type of SIM card in case I changed my phone later. I now have a new phone that I would like to use that requires a Micro SIM card. Can PM send me a new SIM card free of charge (since I already paid to have a SIM card when I signed up)?

Thanks in advance for the responses

9 REPLIES 9

LurganIeUk
Mayor / Maire

@Hello-motto wrote:

Hi PM community,

Re: Need a "Micro SIM"; was only given a "Nano SIM" when I signed up for PM

I signed up for PM over a year ago at a phone booth. I paid $10 for them to provide me with a micro SIM for my old cell phone. They did not give me any other type of SIM card in case I changed my phone later. I now have a new phone that I would like to use that requires a Micro SIM card. Can PM send me a new SIM card free of charge (since I already paid to have a SIM card when I signed up)?

Your subject line vs your post is contradicting!! What is it??

Subject says you need a Micro and was given a  Nano (a year ago)

Then you say you paid for a a Micro and I would assume that is what you received. Now you are saying you need a Micro....but you say you already have one....does not make sense. (To me anyways)

419mainstreet
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Hello-motto 

One year are ago, PM was selling 3-in-1 SIM card.

i.e. it comes with

1 Nano SIM card +

1 Nano to Micro adapter +

1 Micro to standard adapter

You said you are using a Nano card now and need a Nano to Micro adapter. 

You can go back to same store to ask for a Nano to Micro adapter. 

Let me know by private message if you cannot find a store will give you a Nano to Micro adapter or live in a province with COVID-19 locked down.  I will mail one to you from Calgary at my expense.  

Do you mean you have a micro sim and now need a NANO for new phone as most new are NANO.  While it is hard to see....you should be able to push a NANO out of the micro. 

mm80
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Hello-motto wrote:

Hi PM community,

Public Mobile usually charges for SIM cards. The store shouldn't have different sizes of SIM cards. Carriers haven't been using SIM cards that can't be size adjusted for years. Whch size do you need? Your post says that you have a micro SIM card but now need a micro SIM card. I don't undesrtand. If they didn't give you a SIM card, you wouldn't be able to use the service. Can you take your current SIM card and put it in the new phone?  edit - never mind. I didn't understand from the post but the title explains.

@Hello-motto 

Dont forget to save any bits and pieces to interchange your sim between phones in future if need be....

LurganIeUk
Mayor / Maire

If you are in the lower mainland I can help you with a new triple cut sim or a sim adapter kit. 

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Hello-motto , if you need an insert to upsize the nano SIM, ask friends, they might have a few kicking around.  Or visit a cell shop and ask.  As always, be mindful of covid safety requirements in your local area.  

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Hello-motto wrote:

Hi PM community,

Hi @Hello-motto ,

Your SIM card is a 3-in-1. Gently snap out the outer parts to fit the size you require.

esjliv_0-1603577624495.png

Just confirming are you tying to go bigger or smaller?

If smaller, follow the above.

IF bigger you can likely obtain the outer parts from any cell phone store. I am sure they throw them out regularly, that they would just give you the outer parts to place outside of your SIM, then gently place in your SIM slot.

Need Help? Let's chat.