cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

price increase

dnewf
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

just looking at my profile and see cost 8th my payment is gone up 20 bucks. From 47 to 67. I have had this plan now for almost 3 years this dec coming. I have 2 gigs of LTE data and unlimited talk and text provincial. 

19 REPLIES 19

dnewf

Yah i changed my plan today to 40 buck one 

@Jeremie10 wrote:

It was with PM. It wasn't a real person speaking but there was a series of instructions that I had to follow and it helped.

@Jeremie10 wrote:

The easiest way of solving this problem is to call 611 and ask them why this is happening and they have the answers and solve your problems faster.

@Jeremie10 Your reply to the thread then is a bit misleading. There is no one to call and ask anything.

Jeremie10
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

It was with PM. It wasn't a real person speaking but there was a series of instructions that I had to follow and it helped.

@Jeremie10 wrote:
  • When I had a billing issue my problem was fixed quickly when I called 611

@Jeremie10 

You called Public Mobile 611 with a billing issue and there was a real person that answered? With Public Mobile? Not Telus or Koodo but Public Mobile?

Jeremie10
  • When I had a billing issue my problem was fixed quickly when I called 611

Gunner123
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Jeremie10 wrote:

The easiest way of solving this problem is to call 611 and ask them why this is happening and they have the answers and solve your problems faster.

@Jeremie10 611 has no one to answer questions it is all automated for paying bills and a few other things 

@Jeremie10 wrote:

@Jeremie10

Have you ever called 611? There is no one there to ask. It is an automated account management system. Public Mobile does not have anyone to call at any number.

Jeremie10

Helpershelper
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@dnewf 

In your account page you could see if you lost referrals or something that would explain why your bills higher, but plans don’t just increase like that. You can always change your plan to a lower option.

@ShawnC13 

When I started here 2 years ago they still had the 2Gb LTE plan which I too remember as being $40 which you could even then get 5Gb of 3G like data for the same price as it still is now. Plus they had the 1Gb Data Only plan at $30 then as well.

AE_Collector

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@dnewf wrote:

just looking at my profile and see cost 8th my payment is gone up 20 bucks. From 47 to 67. I have had this plan now for almost 3 years this dec coming. I have 2 gigs of LTE data and unlimited talk and text provincial. 

Can  you please post a screenshot of your payment history page with all personal information removed so we can see what is going on?  I remember the 2GB LTE plan but thought it was a $40 plan unless that is what you are talking about with Taxes included.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

dnewf

nope i am on 30 day

Anonymous
Not applicable

@dnewf wrote:

l will and i have 2 referrals which i still have.  Kudos which owns PM has better rate plans with lte. I see all rate plans Pm has now is 3g. Thats behind the times now

Telus owns Koodo and Public Mobile.

The 3G is actually a bit of a misnomer. It's all 4G LTE. Just that the speed is throttled down to 3Mbps. You can also use the 3G data here and it's faster but with maybe a bit more lag. That only matters if you're gaming or watching hi-res videos.

No one else has the set of rewards like this place.

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

@dnewf  Public Mobile is LTE but throttled to 3g speed. Honestly you hardly notice a difference unless you're streaming high quality videos.

I also noticed you said you're on a provincial plan. All plans now are Canada wide.

For $35 ($33 with auto-pay) 1.5 gigs (with auto-pay a bonus of 500mb) you can have 2 gigs of 3g data unlimited Canada wide calling.

For $40 ($38 with autopay) 4.5 gigs (with auto-pay a bonus off 500mb) you can have 5gigs of 3g data unlimited Canada wide.

If you do decide to change plans there are two options..

1- Change now (will say top up now if you don't have a balance to cover new plan). You're charged right away, no refund on unused days from old plan and new plan starts right away.

2- The preferred choice for many. Change at next renewal. The plan will be reserved for your next renewal date. You will be charged for new plan at payment due date and it would start then.

Screenshot_20200130_023658.jpg

EDIT - As @AE_Collector just mentioned maybe you are on a 90 day plan currently? If you are any plan change you will not be able to get another 90day plan as they stopped that quite some time ago.

@dnewf 

Are you actually on a 90 day plan? I frequently hear of people on older 90 day plans where their online account shows an inflated renewal price which isn’t correct and isn’t what actually is charged. A screen shot of this info NOT including any personal info would help us figure it out.

AE_Collector

dnewf

l will and i have 2 referrals which i still have.  Kudos which owns PM has better rate plans with lte. I see all rate plans Pm has now is 3g. Thats behind the times now

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@dnewf wrote:

Hi regardless if your paying 47 or 67 you are paying way to much for 2 gigs of lte data I would be looking elsewhere 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@dnewf wrote:

My guess would be that you lost a bunch of referrals. There was a system correction a short while ago where the company filtered out what were called "ghost" referrals. Do you remember if you had a bunch of referrals and now not?

You could tell if you go back several months in your Payment history to see what you were getting for refer a friend then and what you're getting now.

Rates don't change on their own around here without some prior notice. Regulars here would have heard about it.

kb_mv
Mayor / Maire

@dnewf 

You can contact the mods one of 2 ways. Click the question mark bottom right of the browser as shown in the picture and open a ticket through the automated ticketing system;

kevenv_2-1599233493879.png

or you can contact them through direct messaging at the following link (note this way may take longer for a response);

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

In either case you should receive a reply within 48 hours though typically they are much faster. Watch the envelope icon top right for a reply.

Need Help? Let's chat.