cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Access Point help

Hi_there
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello.

I'm really in trouble in setting the Access Point in my Samsung A30s.

My notebook is connected,  the same is shown on the phone, by there's no internet. 

8 REPLIES 8

@Hi_there I suggest switching your phone to HSPA/wcdma the download speeds are much faster and should suite your notebook better. unless you're uploading files than stay on lte. Play with both and see which one you prefer

speedtest 3g.jpeg

speedtest lte.jpeg

Hi_there

Now it's working!!! Thank you all for trying to help me. A special "thank you" for the Héro!

You saved my night! LOL

@Hi_there you want to connect  your notebook to your data? is that what you're trying to do?

you need to enable mobile hotspot on your phone and then set it up with an ID and password. then search for the ID on your  notebook wifi and enter the password

Hi_there

it didn't work. Unfortunately

mm80
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Hi_there wrote:

yes, everything is working well but the connecting to the notebook....as an access point

So, internet is working on the phone but not when tethering? Add APN type default,mms,dun (no spacing after the commas).

Hi_there

yes, everything is working well but the connecting to the notebook....as an access point

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@Hi_there leave the APN settings alone and reset your network settings

1. Open Settings>General Management>Reset
2. Tap Reset Network Settings>Tap Reset Settings
If prompted enter your pin, passcode
3. Tap Reset Settings 1 more time to confirm
4. Restart

mm80
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Hi_there wrote:

Hello.

I'm really in trouble in setting the Access Point in my Samsung A30s.

My notebook is connected,  the same is shown on the phone, by there's no internet. 

Samsungs usually have the APN built in. Did you check if it was already there?  Are you other services like talk and text working?

Need Help? Let's chat.