cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need Phone Number Activated

Mike98
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello,

We have just signed up with a flip phone and are having trouble activating the phone number.

Used app from another phone.

Flip phone has no internet etc.

Please advise.

4 REPLIES 4

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

I guess it goes without saying, @Mike98 , however I hoped you used a physical SIM card and not an e-SIM in the device used for the activation.

@Chalupa_Batman wrote:

Hey @Mike98 

Signing up with a flip phone is very hard to do. Best to use a smartphone to do it. Are you able to get the 2FA code at least?

It's not that it's bset to use a smartphone. Only a smartphone can be used.  Unless that flip phone is using a certain version of Android. activation from the flip phone wouldn't be an option.  In any event, the custoomer has already borrowed a smartphone for activation purposes.

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

Hey @Mike98 

Signing up with a flip phone is very hard to do. Best to use a smartphone to do it. Are you able to get the 2FA code at least?

@Mike98 wrote:

We have just signed up with a flip phone and are having trouble activating the phone number.

Used app from another phone.

Flip phone has no internet etc.

As for the part about the flip phone having not internet, are calls and text messages workihttps://www.publicmobile.ca/en/qc/get-help/articles/set-up-data-on-an-android-phoneng?  If it's only internet not working, this could be an APN settring issue. Plesae see the following:  

I realize that you're using a flip phone (that might not be Android based), but the settings shown there are a good starting point.

Need Help? Let's chat.