cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My wife’s phone

Jeff57
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Her phone screen broke she’s been with public mobile since 2014,same plan and same phone.She needs a new phone and probably a SIM card how does she still get her same plan with having a new SIM card? I have unsuccessfully tried to setup an account for her online with you, I wish you would bring back a live human for customer service Can you help me,she needs this resolved today

5 REPLIES 5

Yzeguy
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

You don’t need a new SIM card. If you do need a new SIM, you can log into her account and provision the SIM through the Public Mobile web page (app not 100% functional sometimes to do this). If you do need a new SIM, it’s super easy to swap SIMs tied to the account. I just had to do this last week and it was pretty straightforward. 

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Jeff57 

We are members like you on this public community forum and there are no PM staff here.

Depending on the old of the phone. Just bring it in to a repair show and have it replaced. What is the make and model of the phone?

If it is too old, I would suggest you get a new phone for her.

Please note that all the information is in her SIM card so you don’t need to get a new SIM or setup a new account. Just pop it out and install in the new phone.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@Jeff57 

gosh, I hope you didn’t set up a new account with a new Sim card.

If you did accidentally, reach out to the customer support agents and have them tie the Sim card to the correct, existing account – they may be able to do this, depending on how far you’ve gotten.

SIM cards are transferrable to another device as batteries are transferrable from one electronic device to another.

The only caveat is ensuring any spacers/adapters are put on or taken off the Sim card as would be needed for the size of the Sim card slot on the new device.

If you need additional adapters , simply go to any mobile shop and they’ll have tons on hand. More than likely, you would need to pop off and outer adaptor from the existing Sim card to fit in a newer device.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Jeff57  you likely do not new a new sim card.  Beauty for physical sim card is that it can be poped out and move to any phone and that is.

Once you got the new phone for her, just remove the sim card and insert it to the new phone and it would work

just in case you found your sim card size better than the sim slot on the new phone, there should be a tiny removable frame around, just remove the frame to make it smaller (nano-size)

SIM_Tricut2.png

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Jeff57  Just get a new phone or repair it . And take the SIM card out of broken phone and put it in the new phone . Nothing more for you to do 

Need Help? Let's chat.