cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My wife's phone dropping calls with US roaming add on

worntorn
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

My wife is visiting  my Daughter and Soninlaw in Texas. She will be there for quite awhile to help with a new baby.

Just before flying south she added the US roaming/ Talk t/data /10 day add on.

It worked perfectly for ten days. I suggested she let it run right out then renew the add on as we've had problems with renewing early in the past.

She did that yesterday. Now the phone drops incoming and outgoing calls after about 1minute. Texting seems to work fine. Any ideas?

Thanks

Glen

15 REPLIES 15

@worntorn wrote:

Yes, the Moderator contacted me. They made changes to the account to fix the problem.

I'm not sure why it happened or how to avoid it in the future. We waited until 12 hours after the old add on had fully expired to go ahead with the new add on.

Can't do much more, in fact often one cannot always let the service lapse for 12 hours like that, sometimes you need continuos service.

This seems to be one part of Public Mobile that gives a lot of trouble, perhaps it will see some improvements soon.

The unofficial rule of thumb is to allow at least 24 hours to lapse before re-buying.

@worntorn  Thanks for giving us an update. The roaming add ons for the US are not ideal.  After offering such a great US/Canada roaming monthly plan and suddenly taking it away to be stuck with 10 day skip a day 10 day add ons is a let down. Hopefully they are teaching everyone who didn't keep the plan a lesson to snap it up and keep it if they offer it again. Did you load the free holiday add on gifts pm gave everybody?

worntorn

Yes, the Moderator contacted me. They made changes to the account to fix the problem.

I'm not sure why it happened or how to avoid it in the future. We waited until 12 hours after the old add on had fully expired to go ahead with the new add on.

Can't do much more, in fact often one cannot always let the service lapse for 12 hours like that, sometimes you need continuos service.

This seems to be one part of Public Mobile that gives a lot of trouble, perhaps it will see some improvements soon.

@worntornDid the moderator contact you and look into the issue? And message back that they did fix it? If not then resolved on its own...or maybe your wife rebooted phone and/ or manually  chose the network? Maybe changed from at&t to T-Mobile or vice versa?

worntorn

This problem is now resolved. I'm not sure if it resolved itself over time or if the Moderator fixed it.

Thanks for the help

Glen

@worntorn  If the exact same addon was purchased and it's dropping calls then best for the moderator to fix it. Sound like the account needs to be reset from their end to fix the issue.

worntorn

The problem is still there so I've started a ticket on this.

Glen

worntorn

Correction, the first add on was a $15 US roaming Talk and text bundle, no data.

For the renewal 11 days later the same $15 bundle did not appear as available, so she purchased a 10 day 8$ US roaming Talk bundle and an 8$ US roaming text bundle. The sale went through, account debited and the add ons do appear on thr " My add ons" page but not in the Overview page " in the "My add ons" area.

I tried adding a 250 mb US Roaming Data add on to see if this might somehow get the phone working. That add on immediately showed up on the Overview page under my add ons.

So I tried our purchasing another talk text bundle , the same $15 one that we started with. The sale went through but the bundle does not show on the Overview page in the My add ons area.

Getting frustrated.

I now have redundant bundles on there ,wrong thing to do I know, but I am desperately trying to get this thing to work, thought it was worth a shot.

Glen

worntorn

The same $20 add on was purchased both times.

Glen

@worntorn wrote:

Thanks for the reply.

We did encounter that problem on the last trip so we let the first add on expire before purchasing the second add on.

Glen

@worntorn  Was the exact same US roaming added or a different one? Check your selfserve account on the landing page what addons are listed?

worntorn

Just to clarify, the first add on expired yesterday and the second add on was purchased this am. She went one day without phone service just to avoid the double add on problems.

Glen

worntorn

She activated the first add on before leaving and that worked great for ten days. She allowed it to fully expire ( phone stopped working) then purchased another ten day add on.

This activated the phone service and texting, but a problem with dropping calls after 1 minute showed up with the new add on.

So yes, we had let the previous add on fully expire before renewing as we had encountered that early renewal problem in the past.

Thanks

Glen

PAULRANG18
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

She may have added the add on with a day remaining on the previous add on. This will cause this issue. An add on activated late in the day will count as 1 day with this roaming plan. Always best to activate when arriving at your destination.

worntorn

Thanks for the reply.

We did encounter that problem on the last trip so we let the first add on expire before purchasing the second add on.

Glen

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@worntorn  That usually happens when there are multiple US roaming addons with the call option on the account. It should resolve itself once the first addon expires or submit a ticket to PM and ask them to remove the first addon.

stpm-new.png

Need Help? Let's chat.