aamir1
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My sim card is not working on my mobile

17 REPLIES 17

cellphoneuser1
Mayor / Maire

@aamir1 wrote:

My sim card is not working on my mobile

What's the phone model? A few years back, Freedom sold phones not compatible with Public.

@aamir1 wrote:

It was with freedom mobile. I had a plan with phone

If it was Freedom that unlocked the phone it may not have been completed properly which you would never know until you tried to put another carriers sim into it. Like as already been asked a couple times, what is the message you get when you tun on your phone with the PM sim in it?

@gblackma wrote:

I had to reverse my SIM for it to work in my Samsung J1 so maybe you can try that?

@aamir1 wrote:

i unlocked it with freedom but still sim is not working

There is only one way for a sim to fit in the sim card tray. I am not sure what you mean by reversing but if you put the sim in the wrong way you may end up with a lot of grief. If you are lucky all that happens is you destroy the sim, if not so lucky it gets stuck in the phone and you need to try and get it out somehow!

@gblackma wrote:

Is your phone locked to freedom? You can ask them To unlock it once you are off plan. Or contact the manufacturer directly and ask them to unlock it. 

@aamir1 wrote:

Canadian carriers are required to unlock any phone locked to them at request, whether or not the phone is on contract or otherwise subsidized. In addition, Public Mobile moderators cannot help with unlocking devices unless it's Telus-locked.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@XionBunny wrote:

Rule to live by, always always always post with as much information on your issue as possible, without disclosing personal information. It helps everyone get to the heart of the issue more efficiently.

Also stay on this forum for answers/recommendation and provider more info.  People will be surprised how quickly that they will have the answer.

XionBunny
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Rule to live by, always always always post with as much information on your issue as possible, without disclosing personal information. It helps everyone get to the heart of the issue more efficiently.

marimacas
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Did your PM sim was rejected during activation process? If so, exchange the sim at the store where you purchased then try to activate there.

My phone was not working after beeing activated and porting number, but it has worked after I restared my phone.

@aamir1   What message are you getting on the phone with the SIM card in?

I had to reverse my SIM for it to work in my Samsung J1 so maybe you can try that?

@aamir1 wrote:

@aamir1 Did you complete the sim activation process? http://activate.publicmobile.ca Have you logged in to your self serve account? http://selfserve.publicmobile.ca

aamir1

Is your phone locked to freedom? You can ask them To unlock it once you are off plan. Or contact the manufacturer directly and ask them to unlock it. 

@aamir1 wrote:

New phone? 

@Dunkman wrote:

@aamir1 

More details are needed.

New customer?  Ported number?  

Old customer? 

Have you tried the SIM card in another phone to help determine whether hardware issue versus PM service problem?

aamir1

@aamir1 

More details are needed.

New customer?  Ported number?  

Old customer? 

Have you tried the SIM card in another phone to help determine whether hardware issue versus PM service problem?

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

@aamir1 Is your phone unlocked or locked to Telus/Koodo?

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@aamir1 wrote:

Mysimm card is not working on my mobile

Login to your self-serve account.

If your account status is active, can you call/text/data?  

Which phone are you using?

Is Public Mobile showing on your notification bar?

Need Help? Let's chat.