cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My purchased USA package is not working .

Brittanylee
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

11 REPLIES 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Calusa64 wrote:

I just purchased / updated my plan to include the calling to USA package .It is not the USA roaming add on.  We live in Canada and are planning a month long trip to various states in US. Will the upgraded plan work in the USA? Or do we have to have the roaming? 

Thanks 

All PLANS are for while in Canada. You need roaming add-ons to have services in the states.

No sorry @Calusa64 ..the plan from Canada to US is not the roaming option IN US...You will need the option with roaming in us...But be careful it's only for 10 days. And it begins the day of your purchase...for 1 month there is no add-on...perhaps it would be better to buy a sim card there and minutes and texts plan???

US Roaming6

For 10 Days

U.S. Talk, Text and Data Bundle

Unlimited Talk, International Text and 250MB Data for just $20 for 10 days.

$20
U.S. Talk and Text Bundle

Unlimited Talk and International Text for just $15 for 10 days.

$15
U.S. Talk Only

Unlimited Talk for just $8 for 10 days.

$8
U.S. Text Only

Unlimited International Text for just $8 for 10 days.

$8
U.S. Data Only

250MB Data for $10, 500MB Data for $15 and 1GB Data for $20 for 10 days.

From $10

Calusa64

I just purchased / updated my plan to include the calling to USA package .It is not the USA roaming add on.  We live in Canada and are planning a month long trip to various states in US. Will the upgraded plan work in the USA? Or do we have to have the roaming? 

Thanks 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Brittanylee wrote:

Got it working! Thanks for the help x

Good to hear. Can you share what got it going?

Brittanylee

Got it working! Thanks for the help x

Sorry for you @Brittanylee.... I hope that everything is fixed now...Robot Happy... if it’s not... you can write a message to the moderator... here...https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage.... and write moderator_team in Send To and give them the more details you can... waiting time few hours to 2 days...Robot Frustrated but they will help...

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Brittanylee wrote:

It’s in my add ons on my account And my roaming is turned on 😭

Then you're most of the way there. When you're in the states then you need to scan for and find and connect to either AT&T or T-Mobile. Your network settings may be on auto so it should find them. But if you're set on Public Mobile then you need to scan.

Then restart the phone.

No need for the waterworks 🙂

Brittanylee

It’s in my add ons on my account And my roaming is turned on 😭

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

@Brittanylee Make sure the add-on shows up in your account under Plans and Add-on tab. Then make sure you have Roaming enabled in your phone and see if the network is connected to AT&T or T-Mobile. 

Alex888
Mayor / Maire
Did it work initially and stop working or has it not worked at all? Did you buy a US roaming addon or one to make calls to the US? Have you tried restarting your phone?
Need Help? Let's chat.