cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My phone isn't working. Cannot recieve texts or calls

D45
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

My payment went out and my phone isn't working.  I cannot receive text or calls.  Have no idea who to talk to get this resolved.  There's no help.  

27 REPLIES 27

@diamond_welding wrote:

Also mobile network state says disscon ected

Can you sign into your self-serve and tell us what account status indicates?

@diamond_welding , also try this:

Check to see if there is an outage https://www.telus.com/en/bc/outages

If there isn't try manually selecting PM as your network and restart your phone. Wait 30 seconds and restart it. 

If this doesn't work try the lost stolen trick. From your self service account enable the lost/ stolen feature log out, wait 5  minutes, log in and take it off.

Log out and restart your phone. 

HALIMACS_0-1615597651920.jpeg

If your service still isn't working properly then contact a moderator and ask them to reset your SIM.  Click on bubble in right lower corner, type moderator and follow the prompts, (CLICK on "Account specific question" and  "No I want a human" and "Submit a ticket")

Check your private message sent box (click on the envelope top right of your screen) to make sure the message was sent.  Also keep an eye on the envelope, the moderator answer will show up there. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@diamond_welding : When did you notice this happen?

diamond_welding
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Also mobile network state says disscon ected

@diamond_welding wrote:

Account is 10 months old autopay doesn't come out till 23rd. 

I send texts call out out but cant receive 

SO, you can text and call OUT,  but you can't receive both texts and calls in?

Make sure you don't have DO NOT DISTURB.   What happens when you call your phone from another phone?   Do you go to your voicemail?  Try rebooting device, removing and replacing SIM card, resetting network connections.

If doesn't resolve, try placing your SIM card in another available phone to see if you can text & call out.  (to help determine if a device or SIM issue)

@diamond_welding wrote:

@diamond_welding well that is not right.  There is another customer complaining about the same thing the other day.  There must be a new glitch in the system. 

Read this  https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Using-Your-Service/Re-Beginner-s-Guide-to-the-Communi...

Also give this a try... log out of your device, delete browsing history and cache.  Log back in.  If still not working, use a different browser and go incognito.

or, Please contact the moderators.

Two ways to contact the moderators:

• Faster way – Click the chat bubble at the bottom right of the page or click this link >> type “talk to human" >> "account-specific question" >> "no, I need a human now" >> Click here to submit a ticket!
  • Slower way – Send a private message to the Moderators_Team here.  You have to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work. 

It may take up to 48 hrs (hopefully less) to receive a reply from the moderators.  Keep checking the envelope icon on top right for a number to pop up. That would be the moderator’s reply. 

RosieR

Anonymous
Not applicable

@diamond_welding : Is this an iphone?

Can we check again?

Calls in?

Texts in?

MMS picture messages in?

Calls out?

Texts out?

MMS picture messages out?

Wifi on?

Mobile data on?

diamond_welding

Anonymous
Not applicable

@diamond_welding : Your payment is every 30 days...not monthly. It will float up earlier and earlier in the month as the months go by. Log in and check your status and due date. Or dial 611 to check the status.

@diamond_welding wrote:

Auto pay comes out on the 23rd. I've had account for 10 months 

Hi @diamond_welding you should have started your own topic.  It is likely that your post may be over looked.

Please give us more information so we can help you better.

RosieR

diamond_welding

Auto pay comes out on the 23rd. I've had account for 10 months 

D45

I wonder how long this is going to take...im hoping by tomorrow it will be resolved.  Still no reply from PM. 

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@D45 wrote:

Did they say how long it will take to fix this bug? 

@D45 I don't believe there is an ETA at the moment, sadly.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

D45

Did they say how long it will take to fix this bug? 

srlawren

@Zoyee wrote:

There is always a glitch in sending text message. My daughter has public mobile and she has this same issue. She can send text to selected people not all. This is kinda frustrating 

@Zoyee shouldn't be.  I never had an issue sending to anyone.  You should contact the moderator team as per @popping's instructions above.  But please be patient, they are extremely backlogged at the moment.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

pakmode
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

I really hopes PM resolves these Renewal Payment issues as they have been increasingly popping up 

Zoyee

There is always a glitch in sending text message. My daughter has public mobile and she has this same issue. She can send text to selected people not all. This is kinda frustrating 

popping

@jaime1945

This is public forum.  Please edit your post ASAP to remove your account infromation.

Did you just ported you number to PM?

If yes, please wait until your number is fully posrted to PM.

If you want Moderators to help you, click the following link to send a private message to Community Moderators ask for help.
Please include your PM Phone Number, 4 digit PIN, Account email address, Detailed explanation of your issue

Don't know your pin?--provide any 3 of the following:
- Complete mailing address,
- Email address,
- Alternate phone number,
- Date of birth,
- Last top up date & amount

Community Moderators are available from:
Monday to Friday from 9am (EDT) to 9pm (EDT)
Saturday and Sunday from 9am (EDT) to 7pm (EDT)

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

jaime1945

Hello,

My number is: 

438-xxx-xxxx

Account number:  1000000xxxxxxx

International number don't receive my text.

I send to United States nothing they don't get it.

I don't receive also any text from other network.

I only receive text on the Koodo and Telus of course Public User to.

My number is from Fido everything is working text and call.

Also I send text to Rogers customer and don't get a reply.

Please fix my problem.

@swirlix wrote:

Have you tried to configuring the appropriate APN settings? Link for instructions 

For your future reference, APN settings are only for cellular data.  They do not even have to be set for calls or text messages, which the OP is said to be having issues with.

D45

Ok thanks for your assistance.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@D45, just to let you know, there is a software bug that is affecting renewals.  This is very likely why your account did not renew properly.  In any event, the moderator team will be able to take care of the problem for you.  In the mean time because this bug is causing fairly widespread renewal problems, the moderator team response time may be longer than usual. 

D45

Thank you

popping

@D45

You problem is account related.  Only Moderators have access to account details.

Click the following link to send a private message to Community Moderators to resolve the payment issue. 
Please include your PM Phone Number, 4 digit PIN, Account email address, Detailed explanation of your issue

Don't know your pin?--provide any 3 of the following:
- Complete mailing address,
- Email address,
- Alternate phone number,
- Date of birth,
- Last top up date & amount

Community Moderators are available from:
Monday to Friday from 9am (EDT) to 9pm (EDT)
Saturday and Sunday from 9am (EDT) to 7pm (EDT)

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

D45

My renewal date is today Aug 1st. 

D45

Hi there.  Not on auto pay but topped up my account night before renewal.  I've been with public mobile for a few years now...

swirlix

Have you tried to configuring the appropriate APN settings? Link for instructions 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@D45, were you on auto-pay?  If so, when was your renewal date?  Did you just activate with Public mobile?

Need Help? Let's chat.