cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My phone is only receiving ~33% of incoming calls

centric_eccentr
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I've been on the Public Mobile network for a few years with multiple devices. Currently using an iPhone 11 for a year and a few months. Have not had issues receiving calls until this week. But as of today, only around 1 in 3 calls are being received by my phone. My last call received before today was on Thursday, January 14. Receiving and sending text messages is working as expected. Outbound calling is working as expected. I've been at home all day and cellular reception has hovered between 2 and 3 bars out of 4.

Missed calls do not appear the "Recents" list in the dialer app and go straight to voicemail. Do not disturb is off. The mute hardware toggle is in the unmuted position. Call forwarding is disabled. Silence Unknown Callers is off. Blocked Contacts is off. I have restarted my phone.

In terms of known callers:

- Three people using Public Mobile have tried calling me, two calls were not received and the third one was

- One person using Zoomer Wireless (Rogers reseller) tried calling me and the call was received

- One person using Koodo (Telus reseller) tried calling me the call was not received

- Six or seven call attempts were made from Pagerduty, and two were received and the rest were not received

6 REPLIES 6

Bell has fixed the issue. Are you still experiencing problems if you enable LTE?

centric_eccentr

Downtown Kitchener, Ontario

Where are you located? That's a network problem that needs to be addressed.

centric_eccentr

(3) worked for me. I changed from using LTE to 3G and all calls tested came through. I tried changing 3G back to LTE and saw the behaviour I was seeing before with most calls not coming through. Then changed LTE to 3G again and all calls came through as expected.

I'm guessing that'll have an impact on mobile download speeds but unsurprisingly I'm not leaving home super often these days so I can live with that.

For additional context for other readers:

I tried (1) and that did not fix the problem. 

I did not try (2).

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

Can you try your sim in another phone?

Did the phone have any updates lately?

Was it dropped recently?

419mainstreet
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen
I was able to find the following on apples support page which may help:
https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204027   Check your network settings
  1. Reset your network settings. Go to Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings. This will erase all current saved settings, including Wi-Fi passwords, preferred networks, and VPN settings.
  2. Try to make or receive calls in another location.
  3. Switch to a different network band. Go to Settings > Cellular > Cellular Data Options > Enable LTE and turn off Enable LTE, 4G, or 3G (this option will depend on your carrier and device model).
Need Help? Let's chat.