cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My phone can't make call or text message

Rich000liu
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I just updated my credit card information and paid due fee. My phone still not work. 

3 REPLIES 3

Korth
Mayor / Maire

@Meow

Adding sufficient funds to prepay for a full billing cycle will automatically reactivate a suspended/expired plan.

Most of the time.

Even if it doesn't, you can always click the "Reactivate" button manually.

@Rich000liu 

New activations or number ports usually go online within minutes. But they can take hours. They can even take days. Old CRTC wireless code actually allows the carriers up to 10 days (or even up to 30 days in certain instances) to complete activations and ports, but such delays are extreme these days, if it goes longer than a couple business days then there's probably be a problem.

Restart the phone from time to time, it will eventually show a "Public Mobile 3G" or a "TELUS" banner, this indicates that the SIM card and the network can see each other.

You will need to go into network settings and select the carrier/network/operator (whatever it's called). Some phones will do this automatically, some will not. And some phones will work better if you explicitly select "Public Mobile" instead of "Auto".

You will need to go configure the phone with Public Mobile's APN settings if you want to access data (and MMS attachments). Change the things you have to change, leave everything else unchanged or blank. Public Mobile doesn't push (broadcast) their APN settings like most other operators so very few devices will autoconfigure this stuff for you.

You will of course have to restart the phone before these changes take effect. All this might seem like a hassle, but it's basically exactly what the tech at a wireless kiosk would do for you and it's a one-time setup on any phone. On that note, you can actually take your phone and your SIM card to a retailer (like Walmart or London Drugs) which carries Public Mobile, you might be able to convince the person behind the counter to do it for you (especially if you buy something from them, like a payment voucher or whatever).

Meow
Mayor / Maire

Adding money to account will not reactivate your plan if it was suspended.

To reactivate account, do manual pay, choose "Other" as payment type and pay your plan cost. Credit card has to be registered with PM. You can make only 2 attempts to pay this way. If it fails you will have to wait an hour to try again.

Once payment is completed, logoff and reboot the phone. Service/plan should automatically reactivate.

If it doesn't reactivate then go to the plans or usage page and click on the lost/stolen feature. Suspend your service. Log-out/in. Resume your service. Your plan should automatically reactivate.

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/reactivate-a-suspended-plan

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Rich000liu   check to see if your Self Serve My Account is still showing suspended or Active

If it shows Active, try to reboot your phone once and see if it works

if it shows Suspended, check to see how much is in the Available Fund.  If you see the amount you just paid is sitting as Available Fund, then click Reactivate current plan and see if it works.  If clicking that brings you back to the payment page, make a manual payment of $1  (using the option "Other (Enter the desired payment amount)".  Then logoff My Account and reboot the phone

Need Help? Let's chat.