cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My old number

Habtom
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello there this is Senait I have knew public number I need my old number Just I need to send me a message to answer yes for my old number?

11 REPLIES 11

@LitlLdy wrote:

@TheSterlinger wrote:

I believe so, it would be so much easier if we could port ourselves though. 

@TheSterlinger , when did this change? We used to always make the request using my instructions above!

The porting department used to only be required when a port request is stuck/failed to successfully port!

Nothing has changed. Your instructions are correct.

@TheSterlinger wrote:

This is not correct.  Public Mobile customer service only needs to be contact if there is a problem or if the number is coming from a prepaid Koodo account. In addition to that, the porting team call centre cannot initiate any porting requests.

@LitlLdy wrote:

@Handy1 wrote:

@Habtom  I’ll send you the porting team number  private message , they can re trigger the port request for you 

@Handy1 , @TheSterlinger  is the porting department required to port a phone number in from another carrier? We used to be able to make the request from our accounts!

Edit: I may have typed out the whole instructions on how to port a phone number into Public Mobile for nothing! 😔 

Customers are not to call the porting team to start the number porting process, nor are they to call in just to ask general quetsions such as the one in the first post.  They will not be able to assist.  It's important for customers to remember that support is provided online by Public Mobile, not through a call centre. Customers need to get used to that.

@Handy1 wrote:

@Habtom  I’ll send you the porting team number  private message , they can re trigger the port request for you 

The question asked can be answer without the the customer needing to call the porting team.  Also from the informaiton provided so far, there's no indication that there's any open porting request.  Please do not unnecessarily send people to the porting team.

@TheSterlinger wrote:

@TheSterlinger , when did this change? We used to always make the request using my instructions above!

The porting department used to only be required when a port request is stuck/failed to successfully port!

TheSterlinger
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Handy1 wrote:

@Handy1 , @TheSterlinger  is the porting department required to port a phone number in from another carrier? We used to be able to make the request from our accounts!

Edit: I may have typed out the whole instructions on how to port a phone number into Public Mobile for nothing! 😔 

LitlLdy
Mayor / Maire

@Habtom wrote:

Hello there this is Senait I have knew public number I need my old number Just I need to send me a message to answer yes for my old number?

@Habtom , you said you have a new public mobile phone number & want to transfer your old phone number in, did you do that request using the steps below?

1. Log in to the Public Mobile app  (select + symbol on bottom left) or My Account (click  >  symbol on bottom left)
  2. Go to the ‘Profile’ tab
  3. In the Phone Number section click the circular error icon next to “Transfer Phone Number”
  4. Enter the phone number you’d like to transfer to Public Mobile
  5. Fill in the requested information including:
    • The name of your old service provider
    • The account number of your previous provider
    • An alternate phone number you can be reached at in case there are any issues with your transfer
  6. For additional security, your previous service provider will send a text to validate the transfer request. Follow the instructions in the message within 90 minutes by replying YES to approve the number transfer. Your previous account must be active in order for the number transfer to go through. To ensure that you can complete the transfer, make sure that your old SIM is still inside a device (or if you use eSIM, ensure your old eSIM is still activated) so that you can respond to any verification messages. Once the transfer is complete, it will be automatically deactivated from your previous service provider and your account with your previous provider will permanently close.

While most transfers are completed within 1 hour, it could take up to 5 hours for your transfer to complete (or up to 3 business days for landline transfers). If your transfer does not complete within 5 hours, please contact a Customer Support Agent.

Edit: Fixed typo!

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Habtom are you porting in your number or porting out??

TheSterlinger
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

I’ll send you the porting departments phone number. Check your messages, click your avatar and click inbox.

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

Need Help? Let's chat.