cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My kid lost his phone - can't log into account to change SIM

Matts78
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

My kid lost his phone, i have a new phone and sim card but can't log into his account.  Forgot what email/user name was originally used to set up the account.  Can the account be logged into/verified using the phone number?  I have my own account, my wife has an account but they are not linked to my son's.

6 REPLIES 6

vivic66
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

There is a dumb way but also an easy way without getting other people' help:) :

Search for " public mobile" in each of your  possible email accounts that could be used for you son's phone account. If " Pubic Mobile" email shows up, it means there is a big possibility that this email account was used for public mobile service. Then reset password for each possible email address. Most likely you would find the email address which is also the Public mobile account user name. Good Luck!

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

Multiple PM accounts from one household/family are not linked in Any way.

Your only option is to contact CSA, explain situation and hopefully you will be able to prove to agent that you ARE father of a minor who lost login ID/password.

Let us know if you succeed recovering your son's account (so we know how to advise other customers with similar issue).

BeachNBeer
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Matts78  You'll need to contact support to gain access to the account again after verification that you're the holder. Once you get access, log in and mark the account as lost/stolen. This will blocked the sim card currently in the lost phone. After that buy a new sim and another phone. Don't activate new sim. Log into account and click "Change Sim card" follow the steps and verification to change the sim to the new sim you bought. Account and number will be transferred to new sim card. Put sim in a compatible phone and you're good to go.

Take note phones have tracking if you set it up. Find my device (android) and find my Phone (iPhone). Maybe you can try to locate the phone and get it back. 

0PX9O4

@Matts78 

Amazing, please go ahead and contact CS_Agent with your son's account details then (phone number, billing address, the last 4 digits of the card used to make the last payments, etc).

Matts78
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I pay for his plan, on my credit card.  He is only 12 years old.  Can easily verify the payment method.

0PX9O4

@Matts78 

Your account and your wife's accounts will not be useful in any way.

You will need to have a way to authenticate the ownership of your son's account (eg. through a payment method). But usually Customer Service will absolutely refrain from letting you access someone else's account without their authorization, even if they are a family member.

If you feel like you have enough information to authenticate yourself as the owner of your son's account, please send a private message to CS_Agent with the account details so they can see about restoring your access.

Need Help? Let's chat.