cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My iphone will not connect to to public mobile--it shows "searching"

k_j_mac
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

my iphone will not connect to public mobile.  It shows "Searching" and I am unable to use any cellular service.

17 REPLIES 17

k_j_mac

I did this and everything seems to be up to date.    I put the sim card in another iphone and it works.

hi @k_j_mac  

did you check if your Carrier profile is up-to-date?

1. Connect to Wi-Fi.
  2. Go to Settings -> General -> About
  3. Wait for 10 seconds.
  4. If an update is available, a window will appear that asks if you would like to update your carrier settings. If an update is available, tap Update or OK. If nothing happens, your carrier settings are already up to date.

I think the phone needs to be registered to Apple. You can login to the Apple ID from a computer.

@CountyDownIeUk 

k_j_mac

The sim card works in another phone.  When I put the sim card back in the original iphone it caused the phone to reset and shows Hola and wants me to enter my apple id.  Unfortunately I do not remember the apple id. 

I don't think we're anywhere yet needing a factory reset. That is last ditch hail mary. Answer some more of the questions.

Remember
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

k_j_mac

I believe it is an iphone 6

k_j_mac

I believe it is an iphone 6  

B12
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Hey, I have a iPhone kicking around my place and I don't know whether the model matters, I presume it doesn't, it case it does it's the original SE, anyhow, when I used to use my iPhone as my daily driver I noticed that the service would not stay connected, it would be in and out, from Public to Searching... What I did to solve my problem is I went into the Cellular settings and changed the Carrier from Auto to Manual and then chose Public (I think it actually shows up as Telus since Telus owns Public) and after I did that I never had a connection problem again.

Hope this helps. 🙂

@Remember- They have an iphone.

Remember

@k_j_mac 

no need new phone yet, what phone brand and model?if can backup and do Hard Reset.

Did the phone somehow get set to 2G? And if you put the sim back in does it work? Can you try a different working sim in the phone?

k_j_mac

I took out the sim card and reinserted it.  The phone reset.  I then put the sim card in another phone and it worked.  I guess I need a new phone!! 😞

k_j_mac

This is not a new phone  and have been with Public mobile for 2 years without issue until today.

Remember

@k_j_mac 

take out sim and insert back, or trying sim in other phone,,

reset network settings,

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

Hi @k_j_mac did it ever work on another network before?  or you just got it and never able to connect to any network?

do you have another sim card with another carrier to test the phone?

if it is a new phone you just got chexk the devicecheck.ca to confirm the phone is clean

https://www.devicecheck.ca/check-status-device-canada/

Need Help? Let's chat.