cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My hotspot isn't working

kcjacko0128
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

When some connects to my hotspot it says there isn't internet not available I'm I doing something wrong I has worked before 

6 REPLIES 6

@kcjacko0128   

add to S--S comment above,

Some devices might need to have dun in the APN type field in order to have wifi hotspot work.  No sure why, but some do.

Please ensure that default,supl,mms,dun are added to the APN type field. 

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@kcjacko0128 

PM does not limit hotspot usage. So, it likely an issue of the setup on the device 

First thing first, reboot both phones (the one with hotspot setup and the one connecting to)

Also, check if you still have data left on My Account and check if your phone (that you want to setup hotspot) can connect to internet itself with and without hotspot enabled

Check if your phone (the one have hotspot enabled) have any data limit set and if you have reached that limit on the device level

Was it the first time you try to setup the hotspot on this device ?  You have another SIM you can use to confirm your setup works on another non-PM SIM?  

If still fails, let us know what brand and model of your phone

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@kcjacko0128 wrote:

When some connects to my hotspot it says there isn't internet not available I'm I doing something wrong I has worked before 

@kcjacko0128 - Do you have data left on your plan?

Check your overview section of on your Self Serve account and see if the data line exists. If it does not exist that it is all used up.

esjliv_0-1601935725902.png

How to fix a hotspot that is not working
  1. Restart and turn off battery saving mode. A simple restart can solve more problems than you think. ...
  2. Adjust your Wi-Fi or VPN settings. ...
  3. Check for software updates. ...
  4. Lower the frequency band on your phone. ...
  5. Reset your network settings.

What model phone do you have?

https://www.asurion.com/connect/tech-tips/why-hotspot-isnt-working-and-how-to-fix/

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@kcjacko0128 

Perhaps you have depleted your current data allotment for the current cycle.

Check under your "my data and add-ons" section in Self Serve to see if you have any remaining. 

Spudster
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@kcjacko0128 

Customer Support Agents can help.  There are 2 ways to reach them:

1. Create a support ticket by clicking  here , then type Support Ticket, then select Contact Us, then select the topic that more closely matches your requestThen click  Click here to submit a ticket , or,
  2. Send a private message to them by clicking here  
Need Help? Let's chat.