cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My due date is cheated out of one day and my data is ripped off by at least a gig each time. Why?

Patsy1951parker
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Why is my data always being ripped off?  This month it was due on midnight on the 18...its still the 17th and pub mob has already renewed it and is now using up this next 30 day data...come on people.....this is just getting worse and worse.....and right now i need to have ALLthe data i pay for.....

23 REPLIES 23

@Patsy1951parker   If you are on the west coast your plan starts anew at 9pm pst.....everything is on eastern time so in bc think 9pm. If you go to your rewards section the wording in regards to your renewal is better. Pay by this day.....your renewal date is 00/00/00.

Download and use most of your extra data the day before renewal and leave enough data to get by on your last day. Also consider getting the tablet only data plan from fido 3gb for $15. Could be a nice addition for your iPad.

smiley3
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I'd try using the data up before the 11th hour before your plan is supposed to renew, like the day before or something.  It's not like every single PM customers plan can renew at the exact bell of midnight every month....I'm sure you'd have the same issue with every service provider out there, exact renewal times vary a bit due to to time zones etc...give yourself a buffer!

fujiyama
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Patsy1951parker 

So your data allotment resets days before your plan renews? If so, can you please give us examples with accurate dates?

Such as: "Plan set to renew on Mar. 22nd but 8.5GB data reset on Mar.19th", etc.

Also, how are you monitoring your data usage? Do you check using Self Serve only, or check on your phone AND Self Serve?

If checking with both, do the usages reported fall in line with each other?

Lastly, how much data do you find yourself left over with near the end of each plan cycle, on average? Just curious.

@Patsy1951parker 

Up until maybe 4 months ago PM quoted renewal date as the last day of your 30 day plan. It would renew that night over night. But that isn’t really the renewal date to me. Renewal date implies the first day of your 30 day plan not the last day. So they decided to change it. But, maybe they should have just changed the wording instead. Maybe “Last day of plan before renewal” would have been better description for the way it used to work.

Renewal seems to begin its process at midnight eastern, I see activity at 9 PM Pacific on renewal night. So knowing the time that it starts in your time zone and that it is a 30 day plan and the quoted renewal date is day 1 not day 30... you should be able to accomplish what you are trying to do. That is, using data somewhat sparingly to build up a surplus in case you need it for important things through the month. Then as you get close to the end of the 30 days you can begin using the surplus up to download books etc. Maybe don’t leave it to the very last minute. Use some of the surplus up in the last week and then finally use the last of it up in the last day or two. We think alike in how we use our data trying to put most of it to good use!

All Prepaid plans are 30 day plans, not a month. Thus going elsewhere won’t specifically solve that but changing to a Post Paid plan would make your renewal date the same day every month but likely at a higher cost. Program reminders into your phone calendar and you should be able to make PM work for you!

AE_Collector 

When it says it renews at 11:59pm...I think that means Toronto time. If you're somewhere else, perhaps that might explain the discrepancy.

Rather than threatening to abandon PM...try doing your mass downloading a few days before your scheduled renewal...see if that helps. Let us know.

Patsy1951parker

The thirty day thing is easy to understand.  Absorbing 3 go of data before i can use it....before the renewal time, is not so easy to accept.  Not if you read the date and time on the plan right at the beginning of the statement when I log in.
anyway.....i need to think about this......do i try to find another provider?  Do i download what i want a week before my due date so as to not loose the data?.....and then shut down my ipad for the last week of my term?.  Do i just go trade this ipad in and get just a wifi one and only use it when i go to town twice a month?
dont know.....

Patsy1951parker

Each month i get 8 g go data.  The plan renews every 30 days.  Because i live a long, long way from being able to use the free wifi at places, i try to save as much of my data until the last two or three days of my plan and use it to download library books or music....etc.....   when i go to see how much data i have left.....and it has already turned over...and one time it turned over while i had saved over 3 g of data....that really made me mad.  Right on this site...it says midnight....so i guess i mistook their intentions when they say midnight on a certain date.....as meaning ....MIDNIGHT ON A CERTAIN DATE.  SILLY ME.  Anyway, now that I know that Public Mobile will renew whenever they want.....I need to think for a while about what that means to me.

AE_Collector
Mayor / Maire

@Patsy1951parker 

I am not following the loss of at least 1Gb of data every month comment. How much data do you get with your plan? Several people were confused by the 1Gb data gifts we were given ... thinking that was a bonus 1Gb of data EVERY MONTH which was not the case. It was a single block of 1Gb data that kicks in if you use your plans data up a bit early in any month to keep you online. Then the portion you didn’t use then remains for the future in case it happens again.

AE_Collector

Everyone knows that prepaid plans are 30 day (or some old 90 day plans) plans thus the renewal date slowly moves up in the month....right? The renewal isn’t (for example) the 18th of every month but 30 days from the previous renewal. In a normal 365 day year your renewal date will move up by 5 days because 12 times 30 = 360 not 365. This year being a leap year, renewals move up by 6 days. That is simply how all prepaid plans work, you are buying 30 days of service.

AE_Collector

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Patsy1951parker wrote:

Why is my data always being ripped off?  This month it was due on midnight on the 18...its still the 17th and pub mob has already renewed it and is now using up this next 30 day data...come on people.....this is just getting worse and worse.....and right now i need to have ALLthe data i pay for.....

@Patsy1951parker  The renewal date on the selfserve page is kinda misleading. That date is the actual renewal date so the data counter will automatically reset at midnight of that day.

Renewal.PNG

• If this is your 30 day cycle renewal, you are on autopay, and your phone is working properly then ignore it @Jayandcourt
  • Regarding the missing days,  please post a screenshot of your payment history for at least, the last 4 months .  So that we can take a look at it. Please omit any personal information. Thanks.
  • As you are on the the $25 plan, your total data, including the autopay bonus is 1 gig monthly.  If you can't access it, check your APN settings. If you can send/ receive mms messages. They are probably correct. If not, here they are

APN settings:
Name: Mobile Internet
APN: sp.mb.com
Proxy: Not set
Port: Not set
Username: Not set
Password: Not set
Server: Not set
MMSC: http://aliasredirect.net/proxy/mb/mmsc
MMS proxy: 74.49.0.18
MMS port: 80
MCC: 302
MNC: 220
Authentication type: Not set
APN type: default,mms,agps,supl,fota,hipri,dun
APN protocol: IPv4
APN roaming protocol: IPv4
APN enable/disable: APN enabled
Bearer: Unspecified
MVNO type: GID
MVNO value: 4D4F

Jayandcourt

And the month before was the 20th 

Jayandcourt

And I mean every month it drops more then one day every month 

Jayandcourt

Screenshot_20200318-082133_Chrome.jpg

 this one when I signed in is only 2 days which isn't so bad but in actuality it will expire the night of the 15th 

@Jayandcourt please create your own thread and post a screenshot of your payment history.  So that we can take a look at it. Please omit any personal information. If you are losing 4 days a cycle, then it's a problem. 

Ifyou are referring to the fact that we lose 4 days in a leap year and 5 days regularly, because of the 30 day cycles, then it's normal and  happens to all of us.

@Patsy1951parker the money comes out at 2.00 am eastern on the day stated as your cycle renewal date, in this case the 18th. The cycle renewal process  in this case starts on the 17th, the account who was as suspended, then expired, the payment comes out at 2am est 18th and the plan resets for the next cycle renewal date. As long as your phone is working properly, ignore the process. The important message is the 611 thanks for payment one that you will get today. 

@Jayandcourt 

...remember that PM plans are 30 day duration; not a full month.

If you're sure you aren't getting 30 days, contact a moderator for their assistance.

Jayandcourt

Same issue I have it says on the site 1159pm of the day but expires in the morning and every month it drops 4 days in the date last month was the 22nd this month the 18th next month the 14th since I have activated I have lost a month in total due to it dropping 4 days at a time 

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

Hi @Patsy1951parker 

Your renewal is on midnight Eastern standard Time

You renewal happened more than two hours ago, it's 2.50 est now

All is good

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

If you're renewal is 18th, your status will be expired the night before your rewards should be applied right around midnight between 17th and 18th est. And if you are on autopay the payment should go couple of hours later (est again)

It may take up to 16 hours for balance to apply against your plan, if service is working your shouldn't worry about.

If you call 611 it will tell you date and time of autorenewal 

All the times are est.

If you are not on autopay you should put money on your account the day before

cellphoneuser1
Mayor / Maire

You weren't cheated a day. The renewal is on the right day. The account shows wrong day to everyone.  The day it shows is the last day. The 11:59pm is a Public Mobile mistake. Count 30 days from your last renewal and it's right.

JoyLuck
Mayor / Maire

In self service what does it say for your renewal date and what plan are you on?

It could be the funds are taken out in Eastern Time.

Patsy1951parker

so should i start looking for another provider?

Patsy1951parker

Need Help? Let's chat.