cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My data doesnt work LG phone

Kbeata
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi I joined Public mobile a few weeks ago, and am using a LG model H831. My texting and calls work fine. Data is on plan and doesnt work. 

I cant find Public mobile's compatible phone list... I did search the forum and found APN details and entered all access point names. Still not working. 

Can someone escalate this to mods if there is no known solution? as I went to Telus and they cannot help me further. 

Thanks 

7 REPLIES 7

@Kbeata   if you are already updating the APN, compare this full list:

APN: sp.mb.com
Proxy:
Port:
Username: <blank>
Password: <blank>
Server:
MMSC: http://aliasredirect.net/proxy/mb/mmsc
MMS Proxy: mmscproxy.mobility.ca
MMS Port: 8799
MCC: 302
MNC: 220
Authentication Type: Not Set
APN Type: default,supl,mms

or    default,mms,agps,supl,fota,hipri

(might need to include dun for hotspot)
APN protocol: IPv4
APN roaming protocol: IPv4
APN enable/disable: APN enabled

or  Turn APN on/off APN turned on

Bearer: Unspecified
MVNO (Mobile virtual network operator) type: GID
MVNO (Mobile virtual network operator)value: 4D

@Kbeata wrote:

Hi thanks for suggesting. The telus store actually did a network reset (before I tried entering those APN names I found on this forum)  .

@Kbeata - are you comfortable doing a Factory Reset at this point?

Review this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5N6tMzHK3yE

Kbeata
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi thanks for suggesting. The telus store actually did a network reset (before I tried entering those APN names I found on this forum)  .

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Kbeata   it is a common LG phone issue.  A reset all network or even a phone factory reset is needed as mentinoed by @esjliv 

hycm53
Mayor / Maire

@Kbeata wrote:

Hi I joined Public mobile a few weeks ago, and am using a LG model H831. My texting and calls work fine. Data is on plan and doesnt work. 

I cant find Public mobile's compatible phone list... I did search the forum and found APN details and entered all access point names. Still not working. 

Can someone escalate this to mods if there is no known solution? as I went to Telus and they cannot help me further. 

Thanks 

Telus data service will impact cell phones that made before 2017 starting July 2023. Because your LG H831 was made in 2016, it could be the reason that data doesn't work. 

Try turn off the phone, remove sim card, wait a couple of minutes, then put in sim card and reboot the phone. Make sure turn on the data on your cell.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Kbeata - looks compatible to me from here: https://www.frequencycheck.com/carrier-compatibility/XOLqcdR/lg-g5-h831-lte-a/public-mobile-canada

Some LG phones have been known to need a Factory Reset. 

But before doing that, do you have the option to try a Reset of the Network Settings first?

You may find this here...  tap Settings > System > Advanced > Reset options > Reset network settings.

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Kbeata  Is cellular data turned on ?

Need Help? Let's chat.