cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My calls keep dropping have been all day long - same location where always works

lcestnick
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

My calls keep dropping have been all day long - same location where always works.

I am in the USA have been for over a month ..added "too much" talk time thinking maybe my plan ran out paid for 2 plans for USA talk/text and still for some reason is cutting out all of the time all day today in my office where it has ALWAYS worked before.  what is going on?

10 REPLIES 10

@lcestnick wrote:

I was in the USA drove all across several states and the problem was still there in addition to when I drove over the border back into Canada.  The problem is still there.

@lcestnick  Are you in Canada now?

Perhaps you SIM has shifted in the SIM slot of your device, or debris has lodged inside.

Remove your SIM card and gently clean the contacts of the SIM points with a pencil eraser. Reinsert your SIM and test.

Also, try manually select the 3G / WCDMA ONLY network in your Mobile Connections area in your settings (temporarily) for dropping or unable to make incoming/outgoing calls.

Can you also test your SIM into another compatible phone? If issues persists after this test, I would submit a ticket with customer support (CSA) to check your account about dropping calls.

CSA contact methods: Contact a Customer Support Agent (publicmobile.ca)

lcestnick

Turning wifi off doesn't make a difference ..I cannot select manually as the above mentioned msg appears.  NOTE:  it beeps and drops out after no matter where I am across America or Canada as I have been traveling and same problem.  It just started 2 days ago only.

lcestnick

when try to select AT&T or Tmobile manually, the option is not available (even though I closed all apps) and it says: "Disconnect network:  unable to search for networks while data service in use.  Stop using current data service and search for other available networks" ..is this referring to wifi?

lcestnick

I was in the USA drove all across several states and the problem was still there in addition to when I drove over the border back into Canada.  The problem is still there.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@lcestnick   which network you are connected to?  T-Mobile or AT&T?  You can still try both to see which one work and which one better.  

Yes, AT&T has started turning off 3G , but some part of US still has 3G for AT&T, so try it has well.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@lcestnick 

It is best that you manual select T-mobile as  AT&T decommissioned 3G.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@lcestnick 

Having two US Roaming add ons with a talk feature will result in exactly the scenario you describe. Contact customer support and ask them to remove the most recent add on and credit your account.

Both at&t and T-Mobile are decommissioning their 3G networks in the US that will cause issues with your voice services. At&t has already commenced with this and T-Mobile is scheduled to do this as of July 1st 2022. Manually select T-Mobile to ensure your voice calls will still work without interruption for the next few months while you are in the US.

The workaround once both providers decommission their 3G networks will be to use a voip provider such as fongo or textnow for your voice calls using the 4G LTE network while in the US.....a US Roaming add on with a data component will be required for this to work.

To contact customer support click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #

@lcestnick wrote:

Initially my phone wouldn't dial out at all ..I thought  my USA add on had expired so I added another one ..and then it worked but the calls would drop ..I end up hearing 2 beeps and it cuts out shortly after those.

@lcestnick  - oh, sounds like network / account issues.

Try restarting your phone, or toggle into airplane mode (then back again). Performing a network reset on your device also perhaps.

You probably already have this set up, since it sounds like you were get services fine until now.

• Make sure data roaming is enabled in your phone settings.
  • Go to the cellular or network settings in your phone, and check your APN configuration. If possible, manually search and select either AT&T or T-Mobile's network.

Can you see what Roaming addons you have listed under your "Plan Details" section in your self serve account?

If issues persist, I would submit a ticket with Customer support (CSA) as provided in my first post.

lcestnick

Initially my phone wouldn't dial out at all ..I thought  my USA add on had expired so I added another one ..and then it worked but the calls would drop ..I end up hearing 2 beeps and it cuts out shortly after those.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@lcestnick wrote:

My calls keep dropping have been all day long - same location where always works.

I am in the USA have been for over a month ..added "too much" talk time thinking maybe my plan ran out paid for 2 plans for USA talk/text and still for some reason is cutting out all of the time all day today in my office where it has ALWAYS worked before.  what is going on?

@lcestnick  - well, there is a known glitch about having two same Roaming Addons on your account at the same time. Do you have two the same listed? The problem with that, is, they both have a 10 day lifespan...so they both get started as soon as you add the successfully to your account.

But, you have been there for a while now, with no issues? I wonder if you are affected by the 3G changes?

If you purchased more than one of the same Roaming addons to your account, perhaps customer support can credit you the extra one to your Available Funds area.

Then when that plan does run out (240 hours or longer), then you can purchase it again.

Customer support can be contacted here: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/contact-an-agent

Need Help? Let's chat.