cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Service For Public Mobile Stopped Working Starting around 10:20 PM Tonight. Was There An Outage?

BoomDigital
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Did anybody experience no service tonight for public mobile? Did something happen?

14 REPLIES 14

@BoomDigital...

try using a different web browzer...try using Firefox if you haven't already.

Clear you cache files.

Try accessing your account again.

@BoomDigital 

Log out. Clear your browser. Reboot your device. Try again.

BoomDigital

see I keep getting this.

Oh no!
It looks like something went wrong, but don’t panic.

Log out and then log back in again to continue. Or return to the Login Page .

Can a moderator help me see what my sim card number is so I can check?

BoomDigital

my account is really slow I can't even get to the page that apparently shows my sim card number to check. It just keeps loading in a loop, very frustrating.

Asher2
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Its really just how secure your account is, once bypassed they can get to things like your paypal and other stuff.

@BoomDigital 

@BoomDigital wrote:

Wow why are people jacking sim cards? Is Public Mobile doing anything to address this?

Is your account okay?  

Lots of different scam out there.  The scammers get access to your mobile phone and then able to access other online accounts like PayPal, etc.  Public mobile is away of this situation, but need to figure out a good solution. 

BoomDigital

Wow why are people jacking sim cards? Is Public Mobile doing anything to address this?

Asher2
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

This is a possible simjack. login to your self serve account and click on "change sim" make sure the last 4 digits match the sim card in your phone. if it doesn't match then someone is commiting fraud. Reply to me if the sim numbers do match, so I can help you if it isn’t a simjack, it could just be a service outage.

If they dont match, please

Change your password on your self service account and check and secure all your financials. Change passwords on all other accounts such as email, etc.

Contact moderators and they can restore your services to your account.

Contact a Moderator (Public Mobile representative) for assistance.

Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. 

You will not lose referrals, loyalty, etc

When Are Moderators Available And How Long Till I Get A Response?

During business hours, Public Mobile strives to answer customer messages swiftly. You will often get an answer within an hour. During peak periods, you may need to wait up to 48 hours. Moderators are available:

• Monday to Friday from 8 AM to midnight Eastern time.
  • Saturday and Sunday from 8 AM to 10 PM Eastern time.

Just so you know, sim-jacking is a thing, where someone hacked into you account and switched the sim. This causes service to not be available on your sim while the person who hacked you has full service to your phone number, they can call, text, and use data from your account. Contacting a moderator can fix this by switching your sim back to the one in your phone.

@BoomDigital 

There have been Sim jacking scams.  In your self service account, check the last 4 digits of the SIM card.  It should match the your SIM card in the phone.  If it does not match, let us know since your account has been SIM jacked.

Get Started.png

Thelime
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Just a crappy generic unhelpful reply. Mine is also down currently.

BoomDigital

could you explain this? which number on the sim card? why would one have to do this? what does this have to do with the service outage?

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

Hello @BoomDigital ,

Try one or more of the below:

*turn off your phone, leave off for at least 3 minutes, then reboot

*removing your SIM for a few minutes, then reinserting it

*go into airplane mode for a few minutes, then going back to regular mode

*reboot your phone again

Check for outages in your area: http://outagereport.ca/publicmobile

or https://downdetector.ca/status/telus/map/ 

ddeep91
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville