cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple issues after activiation

seven_sy05
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I joined PM yesterday morning. After e-sim activation, I started having multiple issues with PM service.

1. I couldn't call or text first and then started working late last night. But, I checked with my previous carrier and I found that they continue to provide service to my phone. They said porting has not been completed properly on PM's end. This means I paid/am paying for two carriers.

2. I can't access my PM account or PM app on my phone because whenever PM sends me SMS verification codes to my phone, I never gets them. Multiple tries still don't work. In fact, I am not getting any SMS codes from any other apps since PM's e-sim activation. Something ruined while I activate e-sim? 

3. Lastly, I have submitted service tickets three times since yesterday morning. No one has responded for two days. Is this normal for PM subscribers? 

19 REPLIES 19

RavingRaven
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@seven_sy05 

Thanks for the update. Seems like e-sim takes a little longer to fully update than a physical Sim card. Welcome to Public Mobile.

seven_sy05

After porting is completed properly and waiting for about 5 hours later, everything starts working okay. I also started to get verification codes too. No CS-agent reached me for the texting issue for three days even after sending 4-5 private messages. I think porting resolved the problem. It took about 5 hours though. 

seven_sy05

Yes, incoming calls work. Not sure about voice mail. After porting is properly done, everything works okay now. It took three days though.

RavingRaven

@PGY 

Does your incoming calling work? When you phone your number do you get Public Mobile's voicemail or your old voicemail?

PGY

I/m having a similar problem. I joined PM today.  It ported over OK with an ESIM.   Calling works.  Data works but texts don't work consistently.  Which is super annoying since I can't do 2-step verification like this poor soul.  Really odd and a bit annoying.

RavingRaven

@seven_sy05 

Confirming your identity  code is only sent by text. If your porting is completed you should be able to recieve that code with your Public Mobile e-sim.

@seven_sy05  do you not see option that says “didnt get code “ tap it it should give you option to send code to email instead . If still no luck please submit ticket with support to help you gain access 

send  a  private message   To CS_Agents

⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️ Link below ⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

seven_sy05

Yeah. Thanks for the welcome. Still dealing with the issues with accessing my account and not being able to receiving verification codes.

@seven_sy05  We happy to hear it welcome to public mobile and happy new year 🙂

seven_sy05

Thank you. Porting part is done.

Cheetah24
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Yeah they'll respond to your private message soon. Unfortunately they don't monitor this forum, so if you sent the private message just now it will take around 24 hours for them to get back to you (or maybe a bit slower than usual since it's new years and there might be lots of requests). Lets wait and see what they say. And please mention about this issue where you don't see the "Did not get the code" link as well to them as this is not what we see when we go to that page. Maybe there's something different about your account which they should probably look at.

seven_sy05

seven_sy05_0-1704118505173.png

This is what I have. This is for identity confirmation for device. Both laptop computer and PM app on the phone show this step to access my account and I don't receive the six digit code on my phone. So, literally, I can't access my account from anywhere.

seven_sy05

Oh, thanks. What is the phone number?

seven_sy05

Thanks. I didn't know I am supposed to send private message to CS-agent as well. I sent a private message to porting team. See what happens. Going into third days with multiple issues.....

Cheetah24

That's very strange you didn't see the "Did not get the code" link. Can you show us a screenshot of the page where you have to enter the code. For me it looks like this.

Cheetah24_0-1704117879694.png

seven_sy05

Thanks. But, I don't get 'did not get code' option at all from PM. It just doesn't send me the code or my phone doesn't receive the verification code. More likely the latter seems to be the case. 

Regarding the old sim card, after installing e-sim from PM, am I supposed to remove the old physical sim card from my previous carrier? 

RavingRaven

@seven_sy05 

When you click "Did not get code" do you get the option to recieve it by voicemail? If so select it and call your number. It should be recieved in your old carriers voicemail. Alternatively put your old Sim card in a different phone or in your phone's physical sim card slot to recieve the texted code. You'll need it in there anyways to reply YES to text authorizing your port request tomorrow.

Cheetah24

You said you've already submitted tickets but just in case I am sharing the link to the CS_agent private message so that you can check if you've written it to the correct cs_agent user; https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437.

I also submitted a ticket for the cs_agent yesterday and haven't received a reply yet and normally I always get replies within like 12 hours or so, but these few days are the new years eve so I guess things might be a bit slow or maybe there might be less service agents present. But I can assure you they will get back to you just needs a bit more time.

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@seven_sy05  Sounds like porting  is not complete . I’ll send you the porting team number private message . Give them call tomorrow morning and they can re trigger the port request for you 

Need Help? Let's chat.