cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple accounts and constantly locked out

robynbird85
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I’ve unfortunately have had a number of phones stolen this past year and a half.

I’ve ended up with different numbers and emails on each phone. I continually have to create new accounts and acquire new numbers as I keep getting locked out permanently rather than having the option to transfer my previous account to a new account or some sort of option to keep the amount of times I’m having to change my number down. 
anyone know who I would have from public mobile help me go through the multiple accounts and see what their statuses are currently.

also, how do I find out who the previous carrier of the second hand phone I bought was before I purchased it and then how do I go about getting the sim puk number so i can use my sim I currently have.

please and thanks very much

17 REPLIES 17

@robynbird85  In your iPhone settings go to General -> About, scroll down to Carrier Lock and it should say what provider it is locked to. Mine is unlocked and there it says no SIM restrictions.

robynbird85

That’s the kind of taken it was. 
Im doing better and better, never happens as fast as I’d like it. 

thanks again for your help, everyone. Have a really great week!

oh no.  "was taken" as in "kidnapped" ?  

hope you are all well now.  

robynbird85

I was actually a missing person last year, was taken when camping across Canada alone and when I was able to escape I stayed in some unsavoury provincial and no profit run women and children’s shelters.

Things get taken very quickly, Or they “walk away”…. 

If it can happen to me… it can happen to anyone and everyone. Things are starting to get back to what my normal life was before, FINALLY 🙂

@robynbird85 

bloatware are not really good.  But like Rogers, or Fido, they will install their My Account on the phone.  Telus do the same thing.  So, maybe the app can give you hint.  

you tried to reach out to Apple support?  they can check IMEI and tell you where it was locked to

robynbird85

Thanks for your patience and help everyone

this is the phones information, what app are you referring to heck for a sim puk number? What’s bloatware, probably exactly what it sounds like, extra information for folks?

iPhone 12 mini

MGAP3VC/A

Rastin
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Just wondering how your phones got taken? Was it left out or did someone take it from you?

@robynbird85  you bought the phone second hand off some private sell?

give us more phone details, what is the phone model showing on the About screen?

check the app, some provider put their bloatware and they helps to find out where it was from

robynbird85

I don’t have any stores where I live now or transportation and there are just a handful of people here and only 2 others even have a cell lol 

well, I guess I’ll be using wifi and text now for the unforeseen future here. 

lol

I’ll eventually be in an urban area where I can take care of this but wifi and text now are looking like my summer lines of communication.

thanks everyone 

@robynbird85 

the forgot email link at login page lookup via phone number.  did you try ?  just enter the phone number you are unsure what login and they will send an email to the email address link

but if that is not what you are looking for, ask PM.  Use the Chatbot (Orange chat icon on the lower right)

robynbird85

Thanks

however I’m unable to get into the accounts past and was hoping that if there are any employees with public they might be able to help me sort through some of the accounts.

Am I able to look up my account via the phone number rather than my email?

@robynbird85 

for the sim, borrow from friends

or go to a store (like Bestbuy Mobile) and ask them to do you a favour, they can test with old or unactivate sim if they willing to help

you got the phone already?  if you put in PM sim card and already asking for the PUK, then yes, it is locked.  What phone is that?  But as said, other provider usually won't help to unlock as you didn't buy the phone from them originally

robynbird85

Cache I was never the issue, sort wish it were then it would have been an easy fix . Thanks for trying to help:)

robynbird85

Thanks for the advice however I’m still unsure about how you explained trying the different providers sims? I don’t not have the means to buy another SIM card let alone another card from all the different providers to see which one allows it to be used. 

there must be another way than buying SIM cards from different providers to trying them all.

or not?

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@robynbird85 , if you need to replace a stolen phone, you do not need a new account.  You simply obtain a new SIM card and updated it into the current account and start using the new SIM card in the new phone.  2FA codes can be sent to either the phone or email registered in eversafe ID.  Losing a phone does not mean loss of access to an existing account.  Worse case, support can help with account access.  

slusagm
Mayor / Maire

@robynbird85 

with the second hand phone, you have try try different providers sim card and the one does not ask the code is the one it got locked to

if you didn't buy the phone from the provider or you don't have active service with them, they might not give you the PUK code

with the multiple accounts, how many you have? better use different browser for each account.  Like Edge, Chrome, Firefox, duck

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

hi @robynbird85 

With multiple accounts, the browser cache could be a big problem

please use Incognito/private/secret mode on your browser to login My Account to avoid this problem.  Once you done with an account check, close the browser window, relaunch another Incognito/private/secret mode on your browser

Need Help? Let's chat.