Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple US Roaming Add Ons

gregweir
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I need Talk and Text US Roaming for 10 days starting tomorrow

I mistakenly bought US Roaming Text for $8 

But I need Talk and Text so I then bought the US Roaming Talk and Text add on for $15

Will it take 10 days for the 2nd add on to start because your add ons only work consecutively?

3 REPLIES 3

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@gregweir wrote:

I need Talk and Text US Roaming for 10 days starting tomorrow

I mistakenly bought US Roaming Text for $8 

But I need Talk and Text so I then bought the US Roaming Talk and Text add on for $15

Will it take 10 days for the 2nd add on to start because your add ons only work consecutively?

@gregweir  - do you see the addons you purchased in your Plan Details section here: Public Mobile - ChangePlanLandingPage

If so, then you added them correctly, so see @softech post.

If you do not see the addons listed there, then you did not successfully add them to your account yet.

In this case, the $'s should still be showing in the Available Funds area, which means your 10 days (240 hour) countdown did not start.

So, you are free to add whichever one now to your account.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@gregweir 

Contact customer support and ask them to remove the US Roaming add on and credit your account. You can then add the extra funds needed for the US Roaming bundle you wish to purchase and you can wait until just before departure  or upon arrival in the US to purchase the add on.. Here is some additional info on US Roaming that will be helpful to you....

Spoiler
  1. While you have to have an active plan to purchase and use US roaming add ons the type of plan you have does not affect the roaming add ons features.
  2. US roaming add ons start the moment you confirm and submit your purchase in your self serve account and expire 240 hours later (10 days×24 hours).
  3. You can pre-load the funds needed to purchase the add ons in your self serve account so you only have to log in, select the US roaming add on and then confirm and submit your purchase.
  4. Wait til late as possible to purchase since they are immediately valid so on free wifi at the destination airport or stopping shortly before the border at mcd's or timmy's to buy the add on while on free wifi.
  5. If you are staying longer than 10 days you must wait a minimum of 24 hours to purchase the same US roaming add on or contact the moderators to add it before the waiting period ends.
  6. If you have two US roaming add ons with a talk feature that overlap the talk feature basically gets disabled. Avoid this....but you will have to get one removed by a moderator to get your calling feature back if this happens.
  7. After purchase reboot your phone and manually select either at&t or T-mobile to get better reception. Some areas have better coverage by either provider so when travelling around the US you will be better served by choosing the provider with better signal strength by locale.
  8. You will recieve incoming texts without any US roaming add ons. Adding the fongo app and textnow app for use on wifi are good to use for a back up plan or you could call forward your pm phone # to your fongo # before you leave Canada and purchase just the US data roaming add on. Fongo also works on mobile data (1 min=0.5mb/100 min=50mb) so you could still recieve incoming pm texts, recieve incoming pm calls to your fongo #/app, outgoing calls from your fongo number and outgoing  texts from textnow for free or small fee from fongo.
  9. All US roaming add ons have either unlimted text, talk or both. Only data has limits depending on your purchase 250mb/500mb/1gb. Once the data is consumed it will just stop you could then purchase different roaming add on, wait 24 hr to buy or contact the moderator to buy the same US roaming add on again. (* except talk as previously mentioned.)

Happy travels and Stay--Safe!

Please note currently due to the decommissioning of the 3G network in the US by pm's roaming partners at&t has already begun this process but as of March 3rd 2022 still has some areas that are still served by the 3G network. T-Mobile has an end date of July 1st 2022. This will affect the ability of pm customers to send and receive voice calls and emergency service such as 911 while in the US and using pm's US roaming add ons. The current work around is to download a voip app such as textnow or fongo for use while on wifi or mobile data for voice calls when in areas no longer served by the 3G network which will eventually include all areas served by at&t and T-Mobile.

To contact customer support click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@gregweir   US Roaming starts from the moment the purchase was done.   

But PM support might be able to switch the to TALk TEXT for you.  Just load the difference of the amount on your account first and open a ticket with PM Support:

1 . . If you have access to Self-Serve My account:  For faster response (2-48 hours) , Click on the bubble in the lower right to request CS Agent assistance, or use this direct link: https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.  

Start with typing "Submit a ticket", click  "Contact Us", click "Other" from the choices, click "Click here to submit a ticket".  Then follow to complete the ticket submission.     

2 .  If you don't have access to My Account or have trouble with above method:  you can Send a private message to the CS Agent here:  https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox, envelope on the top right, after ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply and work with you  via messaging there

Need Help? Let's chat.