cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple ( 2 ) methods of payment

Anonymous
Not applicable
  • Can I add a 2nd payment method or will that wipe out the 1st?

My current payment method has some credit but will not be enough

Should I let public mobile get all the can on bill day and then add the 2nd?

12 REPLIES 12

Priority
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Yes the old previous registered card will be removed if you add a new one, I'd recommend adding funds to your account from the current one, add the new card, and than complete the payment with the new card so it will use from some account funds. 

If you happen to be in the legacy rewards, just don't forget about the $2 auto pay discount. If you're on the new rewards it won't matter.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I didn't know about these vouchers. They might even be better than a prepaid card

Anonymous
Not applicable

Or, I can combine with another form of payment.  The amount is under $10 I think, so if I can I would combine with cash or debit

@Anonymous 

yes, you cannot buy any amount you like, so, there is a still a chance there will be small leftover on the credit card with such arrangement

Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh it looks voucher values can be found in this answer? https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Get-Support/Payment-Vouchers/td-p/1014930

Looks like it might start at 10$ and go up in increments of 5$ or something 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Can you put any value on a voucher?

@Anonymous best to buy voucher from Shopper Drug Mart/711/Shell/London drugs.  Vouchers from there can be used immediately, voucher from other stores could have a wait time of 24 hours.

DennyCrane
Mayor / Maire

To add, the system won't take partial payment for whatever you have left on the card; it'll either approve full payment or decline it entirely.

Screenshot_20230721-125723.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

How do I buy a voucher?

hycm53
Mayor / Maire

@Anonymous wrote:
  • Can I add a 2nd payment method or will that wipe out the 1st?

My current payment method has some credit but will not be enough

Should I let public mobile get all the can on bill day and then add the 2nd?

If your current credit is not enough to cover your plan, then you should change it now. For my understanding you can't add second payment method, but you can change it.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Anonymous 

Sorry, only one card can be stored on your account for payment at any time.  So, updating with a new one will remove the old one from the system

What you can do is to buy a voucher, enough for the rest of the amount, load the voucher before renewal day into your My Account.  The amount will then show up as Available Fund.   PM will first take money out of the Available Fund, any leftover amount, PM will get it from the credit card on file

Need Help? Let's chat.