cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moved from Rogers after 7 years...details are amazing

HumbleBee
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I was with Rogers for 7 years. A couple weeks ago I got a letter thanking me for being a loyal customer. it also stated they would add a $5 charge to my monthly bill.

Um that is not how to thank a customer for their buisness.

So I called rogers to find a solution and all they could offer me was plans that were $10-20 more than the plan I had.

I did some research and found public mobile. It has the same speed and signal streangth as rogers and I will be saving $442.56 in one year. That is after taxes. I only have a bit less data but I now have picture texting and unlimited calling which i did not have. Moved my buisness phone number over and everything worked instantly and flawlessly.

If I get some love on this forum or recuit some more friends I will be saving even more! Incredible!

Thank you PM!!!

Spoiler

11 REPLIES 11

craigroxborough
Hi @Ojie...sorry to hear. Pretty new to this troubleshooting game, but just wanted to confirm for everyone and the moderators that you followed these instructions as well: http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/Setting-Up-Data-On-Your-Phone/ta-p/26

This was the surprising part of the process for me. So wanted to flag just in case.

Good luck!

McLaren
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Welcome aboard! I Also switched a few family members and Friends from Rogers and they're Loving it! 

Practice makes perfect, some say. 

Enjoy the learning. If you like jokes, we're missing a good comedian.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

HumbleBee

Thank you @Luddite. It is a little tricky using this forum but hopefully I will get the hang of it soon.

craigroxborough

@Luddite great suggestion - will keep that in mind for myself!

@HumbleBee Further to dhanadhan's comment, please begin a new thread if you have any questions. You get better visibility that way.

Welcome to PM. Always happy to see positive feedback. 

Let us know if you have any questions or concerns.

OMG @Korth If you all participate how will keep my Oracle crown!!! Robot LOL

Oh well, it was bound to happen when PM finally found its feet and a really popular plan.

Maybe you will all get bored quickly as I need those rewards to pay for my Geritol, even at Costco, and Ralph is testy when hungry.

Smilodon_fatalis (1).jpg

craigroxborough

I too just made the switch from Bell after they wanted my rates to go up. And I'm done with paying for new phones through my contract - just buy outright from here on out.

Korth - great to hear that you can get some $ from Community Rewards. I was skeptical but seeing a few posts I see that people do need help navigating this DIY process. Already signed up for AutoPay and putting together referrals, but now it's time to figure this out - thanks for the suggestion!

Korth
Mayor / Maire

Hahaha poor Rogers has lost a lot of customers to Public Mobile.  But, as you point out, Rogers treats their valuable customers quite poorly, I'm sure many more of them would opt out if they weren't securely locked down in long-term contracts.

Don't forget to save yourself a few bucks more with AutoPay.  My experience has been that it's quite easy to obtain Community Rewards ($) because, to be honest, there are many curious/apprehensive/angry visitors (with many questions) but there aren't all that many active regular users (with the answers) on these Public Mobile forums.

bakedcorn

Welcome aboard.

For what is being offered vs the other providers, you can't go wrong.

I'm currently trying to get my wife to convert from the dark side!

Smiley HappyMan LOL

Need Help? Let's chat.