cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Move to koodo

sinoy
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi all ,

I am looking to move to koodo as I am running out of my data every month and this 3G speed like not enough. Any suggestions. Thanks 

5 REPLIES 5

@sinoy  If you are already on the largest data plan here and you have already enabled your data saver, restricted background data on your apps and only upload and download large data files like movies on WiFi and you find the throttled 4G data speed too slow then it's time to move on....maybe all the way up to telus $75 20gb plan. You will use more data on unthrottled 4G but with 20gb you should be fine.

LurganIeUk
Mayor / Maire

@sinoy 

I am looking to move to koodo as I am running out of my data every month and this 3G speed like not enough.

Any suggestions. 

Leave your data OFF and only turn on your data when you want to use it. Find what settings on your phone can use wifi to update etc vs on data...and make the changes. Learn to control it better that what you are currently doing????

@sinoy 

Koodo use to offer some fairly attractive hardware deals, but not anymore.  If you are porting out, you should look at all the companies.  Check redflagdeals.com to see whether there are any special promotions going on presently.  

ddeep91
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@sinoy  What plan do you have right now??
You can get an 8.5GB plan for  50$  with PM.

Yes, I understand that it is 3G speed. 

Koodo's plans I see on their website are:

10 GB  @ $65  per month

5GB @ $50  per month

If its the speed of the internet then that's something you will have to decide if spending an extra 15$ is going to be worth it for you.

Cheers

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@sinoy moving now, would lose you whatever you paid. Best to move on your renewal date. Please note, your account does not have to be active to port your number to Koodo. We can't help here with the speed, so if that's your primary concern, good luck and stay safe.😁. If not have you considered the US hybrid $50 plan? You can call to the US from within Canada. This plan

Screenshot_20200323-100237.jpg

Need Help? Let's chat.