cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mobile data not working

tejiri
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I joined Public Mobile few days ago and I noticed my mObie data isn't working. I am not able to access the Internet using my data. Please can this be rectified?

9 REPLIES 9

@tejiri

Can you check your usage history in your self service account?  Did your data ever work with activation?  

Usually if you do not see your data option in your self service account, sometimes that means that you used up your data completely.  

For example, if you did a data speed check on your new plan, you can use up all your data fairly quickly....

tejiri

This is what it shows under my plan:

• This plan includes: -
  • - 500MB at 3G Speed
  • - Unlimited Canada-wide Talk
  • - Unlimited International Text

@tejiri

If you do not have a data plan, you can't access internet on Public mobile....  Which plan did you purchase?

tejiri

No there is no data plan added 

@tejiri wrote:

I have tried all that you said I should and restarted the system but it''s still not working.

Best to keep all your posts in the same thread.

What is make/model of your phone?

Login to your account. Do you see a data plan listed under Data & Add-ons?

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

@tejiri

Which model phone do you have?  

If it is LG phone, you may need to do factory re-set on the phone.  Or some people will try network reset for other phone models....

tejiri

I have tried all that you said I should and restarted the system but it''s still not working.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@tejiri, please check the APN settings on your phone and make corrections as required.  This link provides a reference on the how to steps.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Phones-Hardware/How-do-I-set-up-data-APN-on-my-smartp...

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@tejiri wrote:

I joined Public Mobile few days ago and I noticed my mObie data isn't working. I am not able to access the Internet using my data. Please can this be rectified?

Update your phone APN setting according to this link

https://apn-canada.gishan.net/en/apn/public-mobile

You may need to re-start your phone after APN update.

Need Help? Let's chat.