cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mobile Hotspot.

Priority
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Do all Public Mobile Data Subscriptions include Mobile Hotspot + Tethering, and if so would this be at the same speed/mbps as included in your Cell Phone Plan?

1-1-511x1024.jpgwi-fi_settings_on_other_phone.jpg

5 REPLIES 5

DennyCrane
Mayor / Maire

Bluetooth tethering has a max speed of 1.7Mbps though, which isn't ideal. I've never used it for that reason. Wi-Fi hotspot provides far more bandwidth.

HI @Priority  bluetooth tethering is not bad, less battery consuming and safer (for one to one connection only)

Sandy031
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Yes, with every phone company and plan mobile Hotspot and tethering are available, but the strength of your connection (service) will determine whoever is connected to your Hotspot. Also using Bluetooth tethering takes up less of your data while sharing your Hotspot then just regular wifi hotspot 

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Priority 

If I am close to the person that I want to connect to. I use Bluetooth.

@Priority wrote:

Do all Public Mobile Data Subscriptions include Mobile Hotspot + Tethering, and if so would this be at the same speed/mbps as included in your Cell Phone Plan?

Yes, hotspot works on a Public Mobile plan. The maximum data speeds are the same as mobiile data used on your phone, although Wi-Fi signal quality and strength could be an additional factor.

Need Help? Let's chat.