cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing rewards on 90 day subscription

vancouver604
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have a total rewards of $7/month. I'd like to change to the 90 day subscription but I only see $7 off when it should be $21 off for 3 month.

I read some other posts and I see the logic that if the discount is not "front loaded," the first 90 day subscription payment will be more expensive than the rest since I'm being credited $7 per month. However, if that's the case, I should have been credited $21 when I converted from 90 day subscription to monthly a few months ago. I checked the payment history and I see that I only received a reward for $7 in January. I'll attach a screenshot to illustrate this.

There seems to be an error or an inconsistency in calculating the rewards.

ScreenCapture 2023-06-15 at 00.59.22.png

5 REPLIES 5

shabby
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

A lot of support time would be saved if these web developers would put that info while you're switching plans. The incompetence here is alarming. 

Perhaps right answer but to the wrong question.

No point in following up with support at the moment.  The reward policy for transition from 30 day plan to 90 day plan and 90 day plan to 30 day plan is under review by Public Mobile.  I am advocating change for exactly the reasons described in the OP.  I was short changed 2x rewards as well. Stay tuned.

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@vancouver604  It will be on your next renewal . If you switched to it from a 30 day plan ..If your switching from an old 90 day plan to 90day plan then yes your right you should  3 x rewards .. so after you first 90 days you will have 3x rewards for the following renewal 

add I reached out to support about this for an example that I have $8 in rewards here’s the response I got 

Hey Handy1,

Thank you for contacting us!

I'm Christopher and I'll be more than glad to assist you.

If you're on a 30-day plan and you get 8$ in total in rewards per 30 days, you will get triple the amount on a 90-day plan.

However, with the new system, they will be applied each 30 days.

So basically, you make a payment each 90 days, but the system keeps applying the rewards as 8$ each 30 days.

When you reach the new renewal you will have accumulated 24$ in total.

If you need account-related information, I will need you to authenticate your account.

To authenticate, please provide me your Public mobile phone number and the 4-digit account security PIN.

Let me know what you think.

I await your reply.

Regards,

Christopher - Public Mobile CS_Agent

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@vancouver604 

you are dealing with 2 things here.  

First, from 30 days to 90 days:

it is correct they gave you 1x the reward when you first change from a 30 days cycle to 90 days

Remember, rewards are earned at the end of a plan cycle.  PM will credit rewards to your account on the last day of the cycle.  These rewards will then be used towards your renewal on the following day

Since you are moving from a 30 days cycle, you have only earned one month worth of rewards, and the 1 month worth of rewards will therefore be applied on your new renewal, the plan change for your 90 days.    Once you done the 90 days plan once, your will then earn 3 months (or 90 days) worth of rewards, so, your subsequent renewals will have a bigger rewards amount (3 months or 90 days)

Second, back when you changed from 90 days back to 30 days

You were correct with your problem changing from 90 days to 30 days, you should have 3 months worth of rewards back than and not 1 month worth.  There was obviously glitches in the system

And you were not the only one with the issue.   Couple members already confirmed they were not credited correctly changing from 90 days back to 30 days.  

You might want to take that with PM support directly.  Probably you need to ask them to escalate for investigation by senior agents

Need Help? Let's chat.