cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mismatched phone numbers

Pwooz
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I switched to PM a couple months ago and my phone number from previous carrier was working just fine.  Then, several days ago I noticed I wasn’t getting any calls and friends were saying their calls were going straight to voicemail. In my settings it has a completely different phone number and yet my profile on PM has my original phone number. Tried to change the number in my settings and it keeps reverting back to this strange number. HELP!

2 REPLIES 2

Priority
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Have you tried calling the Number that it shows on your Account to see if someone else answers the call?

This also happened to one of my Accounts in early November, when I called the number that my Account changed to a Lady answered and after some talking she told me she tried switching to Public Mobile from Virgin and had to use the Porting Team because of Port in Issues - Someone on the Porting Team severely messed up and put her number on my Account instead of her Account, releasing my number.

Worst thing is, she tried Porting out back to Virgin with the IMEI Number and it almost closed my Account with 40 Referrals on it.. She canceled her Port out upon my request, and I convinced her to just use my Account and so she did until I got it sorted and fixed properly without either of us losing our Accounts or Numbers.

It took 3 weeks to get the situation sorted and our Numbers back on our proper accounts since no one would call me back from Telus or Public Mobile, thankfully the Lady who's number got put on my Account.. she trusted me enough to help her get it all fixed, even afterwards I helped her reset her Password and walked her through how to use the Self Serve Portal.

So, before releasing that number to get yours back.. make sure it isn't someone else's accidentally put on your Account first.

Hollister
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Pwooz 

• you can send a private message to our Agents by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

During business hours, we strive to answer customer messages swiftly. You will often get an answer within an hour. During peak periods, you may need to wait up to 48 hours.Customer Support Agents are available:

• Monday to Sunday: 9 AM to 10 PM EST

Keep an eye on the envelope icon in top right hand corner for a reply from the agent.

Need Help? Let's chat.