cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Midnight notifications

Azopp
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

hi!

Every month I keep receiving SMS text messages to my phone at midnight 00:00:00, which is not convenient for my sleep. Text is as follows:

Congrats! Rewards have been applied to your account: $XX friend referrals, $XX AutoPay, $XX Community, $XX Loyalty. More info at https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca.

Is there a way to change the time for such announcements?

Thanks.

8 REPLIES 8

Pawprints1986
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Myself I've just set them to silent... And it's not bothersome, but it is just quite odd and the nerd in me is curious on the why. But I'm glad it's not just me!!

I think 611 also offers the odd deal, and I think also messages if someone tries to Sim steal or whatever that's called, when someone else tries to port you out or something? I forget the specifics now but I remember it sounding quite concerning at the time. I went in and changed my name to all char map level symbols in my account lol 🙃

@Pawprints1986 wrote:

In my case I have my messaging app set to display the *sent* time rather than received, and the sent time does say around noon, before the "let's keep the conversation going" - but I receive the actual message at midnight, of the night following successful renewal. No idea why the 12 hour delay when it intends to send at noonish as well

I suspect that the timestamp is being provided by the sending end and that Public Mobile's computers that handle this simply have the wrong time on them.  As to Public Mobile not fixing this after approximately a year, that's unacceptable.  While I can't recommend this as a widespread solution, I now block all text messages from Public Mobile as I don't see a use for any of the messages from 611.

Pawprints1986
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

In my case I have my messaging app set to display the *sent* time rather than received, and the sent time does say around noon, before the "let's keep the conversation going" - but I receive the actual message at midnight, of the night following successful renewal. No idea why the 12 hour delay when it intends to send at noonish as well

🤔

Yeah this is the best way to go to avoid PM messages but still have your phone on in case of emergenices etc

HI @Azopp  Yup, this has been changed for a year (or even longer?) , PM definitely aware of it but not sure why they didn't make the change.  Used to be a better time, 6PM EST but now is midenight  😞

Azopp
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Oh, I was not aware this happens to everyone, I made a search before posting this query but nothing found.

Okay guys, thanks for answers, and I will talk to the chatbot then! And for now will try to make that number silent.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@Azopp    Yes, it's a known issue for at least a year now and PM still hasn't bothered to fix it.  I would keep complaining to customer support since PM has, so far, decided to ignore this issue.  So submit a ticket via chatbot and complain and you can also tag community manager @J_P to take another look at the issue.

Here's a link to the chatbot:  https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

Hi @Azopp   Yes, that is annoying but no way to change

The workaround many people do is to add the number (611) to the contact and then change the notification to silent.  then it won't wake you up and you can check back in the morning

Do not block the contact , there are times that the notifications are useful , like Autopay fails and your account suspended, you don't want to miss the real useful ones

Need Help? Let's chat.