cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mexico travel

JELM
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Is there an add on plan that will cover talk and text while travelling through Mexico @links to members

5 REPLIES 5

@KSC 

Yes, you can.  The idea of esim is you can have multiple install on the same phone

Just make sure you do not delete the PM esim.  

And when you back, make sure your PM esim is enabled. And if on iPhone, make sure it is set it back to Primary and Turn on this line is enabled

KSC
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Just wondering if I change my eSIM to a Mexican one thru Airalo, can I then use my public eSIM when I get back?  Just by reentering it ?

@JELM 

I'm currently in Mexico. I've put my PM account on hold and when I got here, I purchased a Telcel sim and a 30 day lan which costs under $20. When you get to Mx, stop at any Kiosko or OXXO and ask for a Telcel "chip" and Amigo 200 plan...or whichever plan suites your needs. I'm able to can call / text anywhere in US and Canada and I have 3GB's of data. When I re-up my Telcel plan, any data that I haven't used gets rolled over.  If someone in Canada needs to get ahold of me, they can text me and I'll return their call. I'll be home before my PM account is deactivated permanently.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@JELM 

Sorry, PM doesn’t have roaming in Mexico. You need to purchase a local SIM.

You can use WhatsApp or TextNow app for free calling and texting through wifi.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@JELM sorry, PM has no roaming service in Mexico and hence you can only use local data sim or travel eSIM or Wifi to keep connected 

Need Help? Let's chat.