cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Messeges

Oliano10
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I switch to public mobile eSIM card but I don’t receive messages to get the full services 

22 REPLIES 22

self solution removed

Make sure that you are using the private link as indicated earlier. Or go to your picture at the top right and click on messages. You should see a reply from cs agent. Click and reply to one that was already there in the inbox.

Oliano10

Hello, are you able to receive my messages ??? 

Oliano10

Im not seeing anything on your response, could you send me that again, I’m stuck and I need to solve that issue.

Oliano10

Thanks for your help. I will send them a message.

@Oliano10   Please make sure to send the personal information Osvaldo asked for to CS_Agent by private message since this community can be viewed by anyone on the internet.

To private message customer service use this link

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437 

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

Oliano10

I have checked, now there is nom public mobile’s eSIM card, but still have the same issue 😔

Oliano10

Yes, the old SIM was an eSIM card, a using IPhone, ok let me check that right away 

hi @Oliano10 do you see the PM eSIM in sim manager??

you removed the old sim from the phone?? if old sim is eSIM, please disable it does and have PM eSIM the only active one

I'll be honest, I'm not an eSIM expert but...  reading your posts you're able to make, receive calls. You're able to text and receive texts. The only issue you're having is the "Bank" texts aren't showing up. Is this correct?

Hello @Oliano10 , how are you having error sending messages? Did you port your number from another carrier? How long has this been happening?

How did you try to contact an agent? Did you use the chatbot? Type agen or ticket.

https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html

Oliano10

Yes I was with rogers, and then Koodo, but I have a eSIM card with public mobile 

Hey @Oliano10 

Don't cancel just yet. We have a bunch of smart people on this forum to help you out.

So let me ask a few questions to see what's the best advice I can help you with.

Did you recently port over from a different provider? If so, does their SIM card still work if you place it in your phone? Was your phone on a different provider before using Public Mobile? If so, have you tried to reset your Network Settings and reboot? And finally. Have you tried your SIM card in a different phone? 

EDIT: What kind of phone are you using? I just read your other posts and it seems to be the banking codes you're not getting? If that is the case, sometimes it takes up to two to three weeks for them to work. It's like an anti theft option on most carriers to protect people from scams. 

Oliano10

Hello community,

hope you’re doing well.

still have an issue cannot receive/send messages. I have tried to contact an agent but every time they said that no agent available. I want to cancel my contract, what should I do?

thanks in advance. 

Oliano10

Hi there,

still have the same issue, no am not able to send or receive messages 

@Oliano10 

Are you able to receive incoming phone calls?  Did you port your number over recently?

Maybe try a reboot of your phone.  Network reset of phone (this will erase any saved Wifi settings).  

@Oliano10 

To confirm, you are in Canada currently, correct?  You'll need to be to receive that text otherwise.

Since you're using an E-Sim, and you can't try it in another phone to get that text, reach out to customer support to seek their assistance.

To contact a Customer Support Agent, there are 2 methods:

1. Use the ticketing system for a faster response time. Click here to create a support ticket, then type Customer Support Agent, then Contact Us,  or
  2. Send a private message to Customer Support Agent by clicking here.  You’ll need to be logged into your Community account for the link to work.

Watch for their response in your Community private mailbox which will be indicated by a number on the small envelope icon to the left of your Community avatar.

Oliano10

Hello everyone,

hope you’re doing well.

still have an issue, am not able to receive messages, I have an eSIM card, and to get the full access they send me  a code in message text but unfortunately, I can’t receive messages. please I need help to solve that issue my phone number is attached to my ARC account and my bank account for verification and without messages I won’t be able to access my accounts.

thanks in advance.

Oliano10

Hi there,

thanks for your reply.

I didn’t receive a message from my old provider, I had a eSIM card with my old provider so I didn’t receive a message, when I called them they said that the new provider needs to contact, which I found it weird.

I can use my data and I can receive calls but SMS no. Do you think that there is something that I can to do to fix that ? 
thanks in advance. 

dwh1
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Oliano10 Are you referring to Apple iMessages?  If so, I’d suggest going into Settings/Messages/Send and Receive and make sure the toggle for your phone number is enabled. I’ve had it get disabled when switching SIMs because of porting. 

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Oliano10 

you activated using the app?

and you requested porting your number into PM?

if you did request porting, the text to receive the code would have sent to your old provider's sim.  You can put the old sim back and request the code agian

But a better way is to get the port completed first.  Did you get a code from your old provider?. did you reply YES within 90 mins?  If you did, it will be another 30 mins to 4 hours before the porting is done.  Please reboot your phone with the PM sim card every 30 mins and test incoming calls.  If you can receive incoming calls on the PM sim, then the port is done and you should receive the 2FA code to access My Account on your PM sim 

Need Help? Let's chat.