cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maxed on Data - need more

Stowgi
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I maxed out on my data, and I need more before it resets. I added on the free 2GB of Holiday data, but it's still not working.

Can someone help? What do I need to do to get more data before my plan resets?

15 REPLIES 15

mm80
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Rattan wrote:

i want to upgrade to 40 dollar plan how do i do ? online ?

Which plan do you have now? Think about if it's no longer offered because you can't get it back if they don't still sell it if you change your mind after the switch.

@Rattan wrote:

Login to the self-serve portal: https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/

From there, you can change your plan. Heed the options mentioned in the previous post - you can choose to have it change on your next renewal, or "now". If you choose "now" you immediately throw away the remaining term in your existing 30-day plan.

Rattan

Hi @Rattan 

Unless you can wait until the renewal date, you're best option is to either buy data add-on, or switch plans to a higher data plan and select "NOW" as opposed to "ON NEXT RENEWAL" for the change.

Remember, any plan changes require payment to be made beforehand, such that the Available Funds cover the cost of the choice being made.   

If you choose to change plans NOW, you're effectively losing out on the remaining of the  period that you recently paid for.   There are no refunds on prepaid service as a result of plan changes made mid-cycle.

Rattan

mm80
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Stowgi wrote:

I did this, and it does show in my usage, but it's blank. 

Almost as if it's not going to activate until my next month.

@Stowgi Good that it works now. 

It not shown in data and add-ons in self serve overview usually  means you've run out. If that happened, you could have renewed plan early by asking moderators, changed to a different plan, or bought a data add-on.

Excellent to hear, @Stowgi.

Thanks for feedback.

Stowgi

I think it's working now.

I restarted my phone, and I think I'm good.

I appreciate the help!!

Take care 😉

Self-serve page is being finnicky over the past couple of weeks.  Mine is working so you might need to give it a bit to load.  

Let us know if this works for you.

Cheers!

Stowgi

well, I'm trying to confirm, but the site is being slow. Real slow.. I'm not able to see my self serve page at the moment for whatever reason... 😞

@Stowgi 

If you followed those instructions, and those free items are not being added to your account, you may wish to contact the PM Moderators to investigate.

To contact a moderator, there are 2 methods:

1. Use the ticketing system for a faster response time. Click on the bubble in the lower right and request moderator assistance, then select account-related issue, then select you need a human now.  Follow the prompts to submit a ticket.
  2. Send a private message to the moderator by clicking here

Watch for their response in your Community private mailbox which will be indicated by a number on the small envelope icon to the left of your Community avatar.

@Stowgi 

So you added 1 of each of the 2GB Data bonus and the 500 International long distance minutes, proceeded to "Purchase" the add-on, and it DOESN'T reflect on your self-serve page as being added?

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

How to redeem your free data and international minutes:

1. Log into your Self-Serve account 
  2. Click “Purchase Add-Ons” in My Data & Add-ons section of Overview tab
  3. Select the Free Holiday Giveaway: $0 2GB Add-on and/or Free Holiday Giveaway: $0 500min INTL Long Distance (incl CA & US). It’s up to you if you want one or both!
  4. Click “Buy Add-Ons” at the bottom of your screen.

You can also purchase a 1GB add-on for $15.

Stowgi

I did this, and it does show in my usage, but it's blank. 

Almost as if it's not going to activate until my next month.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

Hi @Stowgi 

How to redeem your free data and international minutes:

1. Log into your Self-Serve account 
  2. Click “Purchase Add-Ons” in My Data & Add-ons section of Overview tab
  3. Select the Free Holiday Giveaway: $0 2GB Add-on and/or Free Holiday Giveaway: $0 500min INTL Long Distance (incl CA & US). It’s up to you if you want one or both!
  4. Click “Buy Add-Ons” at the bottom of your screen.

HALIMACS_0-1608316579816.jpeg

HALIMACS_1-1608316579853.jpeg

Need Help? Let's chat.