Did you mean: 

Making calls

Sarahslilmonkey
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I can not make calls... I can text and recieve calls but not place them

10 REPLIES 10

@hairbag1 wrote:

@Sarahslilmonkey wrote:

I JUST activated and paid today... first time user. Phone is compatible i have the $25 plan. I have restarted phone taken out sim put it back in... I'm at a loss

If you've ported your phone number from somewhere else...it can take a couple of hours to a couple of days depending on where you're porting in from.

Since incoming calls are working (just not outgoing), this wouldn't be a porting issue.

@Sarahslilmonkey what's the make and model of the phone?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Sarahslilmonkey wrote:

I JUST activated and paid today... first time user. Phone is compatible i have the $25 plan. I have restarted phone taken out sim put it back in... I'm at a loss

Are you calling from your contacts or straight dialing? What do you hear when you try to call? Can you call 611 and hear your balance and next due date?

@Sarahslilmonkey wrote:

If you've ported your phone number from somewhere else...it can take a couple of hours to a couple of days depending on where you're porting in from.

Sarahslilmonkey
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Naepalm
Mayor / Maire

@Sarahslilmonkey 

Unless you are out of minutes this is a strange scenario. everything works except sending calls? 

Check your network connection and signal strength. 

Try turning your phone off, remove the SIM waiting a little then insert the SIM again and rstart the phone. 

Hope all.is well. 

@RossN wrote:

@Sarahslilmonkey hi are you on the 15 dollar plan ,it sounds like you are out of minutes

@Sarahslilmonkey...if you are on a limited calling plan and have run outta calling minutes, you should consider getting the 500 minutes of Canada wide calling add-on for only $5. Any unused add-on minutes will just keep rolling over until you use 'em up...even if that takes several months or longer.

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@Sarahslilmonkey hi are you on the 15 dollar plan ,it sounds like you are out of minutes if so you can buy a $5.00  500 minute add on it stays on your plan until it’s all used up

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Sarahslilmonkey wrote:

Restart your phone and try call out again.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@Sarahslilmonkey wrote:

Try putting phone in Airplane mode for a couple minutes...then take it off Airplane mode..restart phone. Does this help ?

Need Help? Let's chat.